Vortex Managed Group Selections

AstroGazer
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Guest deleted34304850

from what i've read, there isn't any issue with vortex - the issue is with what you are trying to do with vortex/loot/plugins/mods/categories/groups - there seems to be a serious misunderstanding about all these fundamental components and that is driving you to create something that is not going to work - ever.

no really, what you're trying to do is make your plugin groups look like your mod categories and have a 1:1 order between them.

all you are going to do with this is break your game.

mods <> plugins.

groups <> categories.

Our big point is - Why do 90% of my plugins say Group - Default? Which has nothing to do with esp or esl nor the Mod name or what it is effecting.

Guest deleted34304850

because the mod author hasn't specified that their mod and its related plugin needs to be handled differently from any others and the plugin has no specific requirements that means it must be placed in a particular group for some reason.

what you're doing is really counter-intuitive.

plugin groups <> mod categories.

Our big point is - Why do 90% of my plugins say Group - Default? Which has nothing to do with esp or esl nor the Mod name or what it is effecting.

Plugins GROUPS are a method of SORTING, if you start messing with Groups in order to match them to the categories on the Mods Tabs, you're eventually going to come back in here and complain about "How Vortex ruined your load order", because you've managed to turn your load order into nothing but CYCLIC RULE errors, that looks something like this by messing with Groups.

Just leave Groups ALONE, Plugins are Different from MODS, THEY DO NOT, NOR SHOULD NOT MATCH

cyclic-rules-mess.jpg