So I got Playable Skeleton Race Updated to work...

EldritchJack

...with some CK finagling. So it no longer CTDs when becoming "Unbound" or using showracemenu/setrace while "Unbound". Unfortunately This is as far as my mod experience and abilities go and the mod is still plagued with problems that stem from the model (I am assuming the " .nif " file?). It is a Skeleton that successfully produces all normal male and female animations (as far as I can tell) and even has all helmets, circlets, amulets, and rings working, along with all armors that don't show skin. No boots or gauntlets are working. Also the hands don't show up in first person. That's not really what I'm here on this forum to request however.

My request is for someone to look into fixing the forearms, shins, and feet. The forearms are too long, so the hands are actually jammed up into the forearm. This part is actually more minor than it sounds, its not terribly noticeable. The feet however are all kinds of mucked up and I have no experience with anything needed to fix it. The shin/foreleg is too long, just like the forearms. However, while both forelegs stick into the ground, the right and left feet do totally different things. the right foot is jammed into the foreleg and sits upon the ground at proper height. The left foot however is properly connected at the end of the foreleg, and is thus sunk into the ground.

The problem with the leg gets weirder once you have some armor on that shows up. The pant leg will stretch into the ground to meet the foot, but stranger still jumping causes it to stretch down nearly still touching the ground, even though the left leg itself as no issue going up into the air with the body.

The original mod author (or at least the one who was updating it, "xxcthomasxx") appears to have been inactive for over a year now. I really believe this is a great idea for a mod, and believe that by having this one completed it would help further fuel mods that expand other races and creatures to work more like any npc race (spriggans and hagravens that can equip spells normally, etc) and greatly improve shapeshifting and transforming mods.

Again, the problem this mod faces is most certainly beyond my understanding, and the mod author may certainly have abandoned it because the issues were near insurmountable. But I believe it is worth at least shedding some light on this very old mod to at least attempt to bring it back to life, no pun intended (really, I only noticed with a little proof reading haha).

If there are any questions as to how I got this dinosaur working I can make another post after I narrow down more precisely what changes in the CK mattered in that regard. RaceMenu cannot handle the mod, so you'll at least need to turn that off, but getting past the bound state was trickier.

And before I forget I suppose a link would be appreciated: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10622//?