Does running SkyrimLauncher reset my mods?

quinriva

I had a weird problem where all of my mods seem to have been reset. When I load up any save, it immediately starts running the first install scripts that occur when new mods are installed. This appears to have coincided with me running the SkyrimLauncher.exe - I basically never run the launcher, as I use SKSE.

For example, when Frostfall is first installed you are informed to look at the stars to initiated Frostfall - I receive this message (along with 30 or so others) whenever I start any save game.

My guess is that Skyrim saves a list of installed mods somewhere and this list has been cleared, so when I start the game it detects all my mods as being newly installed?

Anyone encounter this problem before?

AFAIK, when you use SKSE and save a game, a SKSE save is generated with each regular savegame. I therefore guess that these SKSE saves (which get loaded upon a save that was made with SKSE running) contains SKSE related mod information - which again I'll guess that if you launch the game via the original launcher and bypass SKSE completely then SKSE based mods will start from new as it'll think they've just been installed. Only a guess though.

Perhaps go back to a save when SKSE was fully used (before trying to run Skyrim with its own launcher) and see if the mods run as expected.

I have a similar problem, I think I know the fix for my problem lol. When I start the Launcher all my mods get unchecked. The reason for this is probably since my mods menu in the launcher is not clickable. Think this has to do with the setting in one of the config files. I just been to lazy to fix it xD. Not sure if this is the same problem you have, but if it is, make sure the mods menu is active in the config files for the launcher.

Edit: I just went to go fix mine. This is what I had to add.

Under [Launcher] in your Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini add "bEnableFileSelection=1"

Though high chance you have an entirely different problem I guess.

Edited by Brabbit1987

• 2 months later...

I had a weird problem where all of my mods seem to have been reset. When I load up any save, it immediately starts running the first install scripts that occur when new mods are installed. This appears to have coincided with me running the SkyrimLauncher.exe - I basically never run the launcher, as I use SKSE.

For example, when Frostfall is first installed you are informed to look at the stars to initiated Frostfall - I receive this message (along with 30 or so others) whenever I start any save game.

My guess is that Skyrim saves a list of installed mods somewhere and this list has been cleared, so when I start the game it detects all my mods as being newly installed?

Anyone encounter this problem before?

I'm having this same problem after following the Skyrim Revisited guide.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?