Wrye Bash problem.

wfandrews

I was using MMMF3-Increased Spawns and got to the Reilly's Rangers quest when it got to be just too much. When I finally got to Our Lady of Hope hospital I was running out of everything,ammo, stimpacks, medex and on and on. I decided to uninstall that mod and start all over again, so that's what I did.

The only change to my load order was uninstalling that mod. I ran LOOT and FO3Edit and then ran Wrye Bash. When I ran Wrye Bash I got two red warnings telling me that Marts Mutant Mod-Zones Respawn and RH_IronSights_PL_Newitems had the same load order. In my load order they loaded one after another.

I ran the Bash Patch anyway as Marts Mutant Mod-Zones Respawn was one of the mods that was disabled by Wrye Bash automatically and I was hoping that would fix the problem as it would not be enabled in the load order. The two mods now had a warning that they had the same time load as each other. I launched my game anyway and it launched and played with no problem.

My question is do you think this is one of those conflicts that will cause problems later in the game or can I safely ignore it?

Now keep in mind that my hands on experience is with Oblivion not FO3 but it sounds to me like what you have is a situation created by deleteing a mod that was a master to a mod patch that was Merged and Disabled by WB when it built the last bashed patch before you deleted the Increased Spawns mod.

My experience in Oblivion is that before you deleted Increased Spawns you should have rebuilt your bashed patch and before clicking the Build Patch button turn off the tick mark for Marts Mutant Mod-Zones Respawn. That will stop WB from Merging and Disabling the Mod-Zones Respawn ESP. Next you would disable both the Increased Spawns and Mod-Zones Respawn ESPs in WB, re-sort your load order with them disabled and then you could either leave them disabled (in case you want to easily re-enable them later) or delete both.

What was happening was that when I installed MMMF3-Increased Spawns it installed 3 esp. MMM_Increased Increased spawns, MMM_Increased spawns, and MMM_Zones Respawn.. When I uninstalled the mod it did not remove the MMM-Zones respawn,esp, I have no idea why. I deleted the MMM-Zones respawn esp manually in Data and now there is no conflict in Wrye Bash.

I do not know if I did the right thing..

Should I do as you said HadToRegister and reinstall the mod then uninstall it and change the the time stamp on that MMM-Zones Respawn esp? Why does a mod create 3 esp and then not uninstall one of them when you uninstall the mod?

Never mind, I am an idiot. When I installed MMMF3-Increased Spawns I got a message saying that MMM-Zones Respawn already existed and should I enable this mod instead, I without thinking just said yes. This time I said No and it did not load MMM-Zones Respawn.esp so I had no conflict when I ran Wrye Bash.

I appreciate your replies and am sorry for basically wasting your time. I did learn something new though, how to change a TIMESTAMP for which I thank you HadToRegister.

What was happening was that when I installed MMMF3-Increased Spawns it installed 3 esp. MMM_Increased Increased spawns, MMM_Increased spawns, and MMM_Zones Respawn.. When I uninstalled the mod it did not remove the MMM-Zones respawn,esp, I have no idea why. I deleted the MMM-Zones respawn esp manually in Data and now there is no conflict in Wrye Bash.

I do not know if I did the right thing..

Should I do as you said HadToRegister and reinstall the mod then uninstall it and change the the time stamp on that MMM-Zones Respawn esp? Why does a mod create 3 esp and then not uninstall one of them when you uninstall the mod?

What did you use to install the mod?

Because it's an older mod and a mod manager may have installed all of the options, because I believe it should only install either Increased Spawns or Increased- Increased Spawns

Using a mod manager with older games doesn't always work because some mods weren't packaged for Mod Managers and were instead packaged for Manual install

All I said was to change the date on one of the mods to get rid of the "Red" and warning.

I didn't mention anything about install uninstall

I use NMM for installing my mods.

You are correct, it did install all the options. I should only have used one of the Increased Spawns and deleted the one I did not want to use. This often happens in some FNV mods and I believe in some Legendary Skyrim mods as well. When you install the mod it installs all the options so you must either uncheck the ones you do not want or go into Data and delete them manually. I usually go into Data and manually delete them.As I am fairly familiar with this I should have known better, my bad. What is sort of funny is that Neither LOOT nor xEdit will give you a warning. Of course installing all the options may be a peculiarity of NMM other mod managers may give you the option to only install the option you want. As I do not use either MO2 or Vortex I really could not say.

What is a bit weird is that when I say to overwrite MMM_Zones Respawn it creates an esp file, if i say No to overwrite the existing MMM_Zones Respawn there is no MMM_Zones Respawn esp file.