unable to download creation kit from bethnet launcher

rediridesence

been trying to download the fallout 4 creation kit from the bethseda net launcher for a day now, and it refuses to even let me download the program despite me having a working steam installion with a linked steam account. i just keep getting the following error below.

Ive installed the skyrim creation kit the same way and it works fine, and these error message is not helping me understand what the heck is the issue, since its giving me literally no information.

what i have checked so far:

-working internet connection.

-ensured no AV programs blocking bethnet launcher.

-ran program in admin.

-checked for working fallout 4 install.

not sure what to do at this point as id like to make some mods of my own, but i am literally unable to do so because the launcher wont even install for me.. :/

any help would be appreciated

Edited by rediridesence

been trying to download the fallout 4 creation kit from the bethseda net launcher for a day now, and it refuses to even let me download the program despite me having a working steam installion with a linked steam account. i just keep getting the following error below.

Ive installed the skyrim creation kit the same way and it works fine, and these error message is not helping me understand what the heck is the issue, since its giving me literally no information.

what i have checked so far:

-working internet connection.

-ensured no AV programs blocking bethnet launcher.

-ran program in admin.

-checked for working fallout 4 install.

not sure what to do at this point as id like to make some mods of my own, but i am literally unable to do so because the launcher wont even install for me.. :/

any help would be appreciated

Is there anything on Bethnet forums about this? (are they even still available???) I know you certainly can't post about it there any more.... Have you tried contacting Beth support? (yeah, I know, it's a joke, but, worth a shot.)

Edit: One guy had success by uninstalling/reinstalling the bethnet launcher.

Edited by HeyYou

the bethseda support team was useless. the response i got from the rep was: "we do not support the creation kit at this time", and then they forwarded me a link to the creation kit wiki..

there was also nothing on the bethnet forums about it either (and they are soon about to be deleted anyways according to the site).

ive also uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher too, and it didn't change anything.

Edited by rediridesence

I wonder if beth broke it, and just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

And the whole 'we don't support he creation kit' thing is farking laughable. But then, that's beth, their 'tech support' has ALWAYS been essentially useless. I think they have a couple monkeys picking random responses to support requests.....

Given the error you are seeing, with zero information where/what is erroring out, I think you are stuck......

Rumor has it, you can get it thru steam, but, you have to search specifically for 'creation kit'...... Don't know how much truth there is to that. That might be just the 32 bit version... (for fallout 3.... which just won't work for FO4)