How do I remove an old file from an older version of my mods now?

Deleted31005User

As part of our deletion process, mod files are archived automatically before being deleted. The notification they receive is unfortunate/misleading given the circumstances, but the files are indeed deleted and no longer accessible to anyone.

This person is the only person who's mods we've been able to fully delete thus far due to backend issues today. We'll be working through the others soon.

Since you are an admin, maybe you can explain this:

Why are collection creators being given higher authority over the availability of a mod than the mod creators themselves? That seems to be a crux of this issue from what I can see.

Guest deleted34304850

As part of our deletion process, mod files are archived automatically before being deleted. The notification they receive is unfortunate/misleading given the circumstances, but the files are indeed deleted and no longer accessible to anyone.

This person is the only person who's mods we've been able to fully delete thus far due to backend issues today. We'll be working through the others soon.

first time ever, but right now, i don't take you at your word, because of this entire mess you have made.

sad day for everyone.

-Why can't I just opt out of any mod collections for my mods to retain all my author rights and keep full control over my own mods, including the ability to permanently remove them?

-How is it legal for Nexus to steal my work and still distribute it against my wishes after these 30 days are over, what right does Nexus have to keep them forever?

-And finally, why does any random person who makes a mod pack somehow trump my own author rights when it comes to my own mods?? How does that make any sense, I made those mods, not nexus, not the person making the mod pack, yet I'm the one being put on the bottom of the list and my rights being taken away from me.

These 3 questions are essential to me and are never even answered in that winded and over explained post, does Nexus not even recognize author rights anymore?

Lets say for the sake of argument, someone makes many mods, nexus bans hes account for whatever reason but Nexus keeps hes mods online because mod packs are using those mods.

Are you serious?

a) give mod authors the option to opt out of their mods being used in mod packs.

b) contact the person who made the mod pack that a mod has been removed and he needs to adjust hes mod pack.

c) put a time-limit on every single mod pack, wash out the mods that are being distributed against the author wishes over time.(6 months should be more than sufficient?)

These are 3 possible solutions to respect author rights over their own mods without downright stealing their work forever with the excuse that a mod pack might use that mod, its not because of the mod pack, its because of Nexus who wants to thrown away all author rights for the purpose to gain more users and traffic.

I'm all for making installing mods easier, but NOT at the expense of me not even being able to control my own mods anymore, my mods are already on some Asian websites (theft) that I cannot do anything about, and now Nexus is acting just like those websites...

A few years ago I almost got banned because of overzealous GMs escalating a non-existing issue just because I refused to bow down and stood my ground, if this would happen again after 30 days from now, then I lose my account and all access to my mods, but I cant even take down my mods and Nexus will keep the actual files on their servers and will keep distributing my mods if mod packs are using my mods, holy cow...if that isnt theft then please explain to me what theft means.

Edited by Guest

Can a musician remove their songs from Spotify?

Pretty sure they can, I don't recall any, "If you upload your music to spotify, it's ours forever now" clause.

Yes, they definitely can. I use Favorites in Spotify fairly extensively, and I've had Favorites go missing numerous times before. As much as it disappoints me when that happens, I have no issues with the fact that it does...unlike Nexus, apparently.

Why is it "All or nothing" as far as deletion goes?

would also like to see a staff answer on this!

also

why no mod delete option for mod authors ?

why no collection opt out option ?

Guest deleted34304850

those answers are very simple;

1. no delete option - it would break collections.

2. no opt out option - you agreed to the (changed) TOS so its on you.

those answers are very simple;

1. no delete option - it would break collections.

2. no opt out option - you agreed to the (changed) TOS so its on you.

this is not necessarily the answer. are you authorized by staff ?

and so far i have not agreed to the new tos. this change is new for me and to me it sounds not fair.

as far is i know i have time until at least the 5 th of August to make up my mind. this kind of short ultimatium feels not right and surprises me.