How to extract .uti files from Collector's Edition (promo_c2)?

I just want to change the model for Final Reason to staff variant 5 (Awakening) because it fits the icon better. Has anyone ever found a way to extract items from the DLCs apart from Awakening?

Neither the erf editor in the toolset nor the gibbed erf editor seems able to do open it (gibbed doesn't work at all, I guess there is something from the Win XP era that I'm missing that makes it useless).

You can't extract from non-Awakening DLC ERF archives because they are encrypted. Any discussion of the hacking tools required to 'unlock' DLC files is against Nexus rules, so the only advice anyone can give you here is 'Google it'.

I simply created it anew, using a different staff as base and setting the properties correctly. Then I gave the resource the same name as the original item, exported it and voila - Final Reason with staff appearance 5. :-P

I'm not asking intently for information on how to break the encryption as such; more "it's been quite a few years now, did anyone solve this?" hoping that there was a tool I was unaware of that could do it.
But I see your point. :-)

Edited by maaaaaaaaap