Script to "temporarily" change combat music, does one exist?

Many thanks again Dylbill, I'll continue testing this in the morning and see what happens after which I'll get back to you regarding the results.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Dylbill, so far my testing of the trigger box scripts are unsuccessful. That being said, the reliable way to do this so far is your second option by placing the script on a normal ObjectReference existing in the cell, using the Load and Unload events. I placed the script; as is and filling in the properties on a plain table in the room and so far I can replicate it's success.

Still testing as I'm experiencing a bug with it where it wont stop playing MUSCombat even after leaving the cell or COC'ing elsewhere. Still plays MUSCombat in the Start Menu overlaying the menu's music.

---------------------

Had to delete your previous script (the one with key press toggle) manually from the scripts folder. For some reason it kept auto-loading even after removing the triggers using it, weird. Now the on Load and Unload script using ObjectReference appears to be more stable.

Edited by Laerithryn

Why don't you just use "Add()" / "Remove()", since you can only play 1 music track at any given point, adding a MUS will remove any other that it's playing at that time.

MusicType Property MyCombatMUS Auto

MyCombatMUS.Add()

MyCombatMUS.Remove()

* I did not read the whole op's post....

When you "Add()" a MUS via script will play no matter what !!! and it will stop any other MUS that's playing, until it's told via script to stop "Remove()" the added MUS.

By the way, i've been using the "Skyrim Script Compiler Pro Final" since you shown it to me, but today i run into a minor issue.

I wanted to see a vanilla DLC1 script to refresh my memory, but i couldn't figured out how to open a sub folder to see the script.

* Until now i've been using it just to create scripts.

Either the heat is making me more stupid than usual or there isn't a way to..., the temperature today hit 48 degrees!!!!!!...... birds are falling from the sky.....

If use use add() though, and you're not in combat, there's no way to know that the music will play when you start combat. I suppose you could somehow detect when you start combat, then use add(), but this would probably be janky because a track from combat music would start playing, then stop when you use add() to play your track. Also, you'd have to detect when you start combat every time while in the cell.

To view DLC script, just go to your scripts/source and open them directly there. Or you can copy them to your source folder to open in Skyrim Script Compiler Pro directly. Note that DLC scripts weren't included in SSE so you have to get them from LE.

@Dylbill, yes I had a fade duration originally, but later removed it. I've since put it back in though and that particular bug (continuing to play MUSCombat) has gone away.

But now the UnLoad portion of the script isn't firing off for some reason. I never see the debug notification for it either after changing cells or using COC. I'm stumped at the moment still trying to figurre it out.

Edited by Laerithryn