[WIP] Thunderchild - The Tongue Experience

EnaiSiaion

There are several mods that add shouts.

Yay. You now have more shouts.

Let's one up them.

The aim of Thunderchild is not just to add more shouts, but to add more immersion to using shouts. After all, the Thu'um is not just just about you and your petty fights, it is mostly about Kyne.

The core of Thunderchild is the old Thunderbolt shouts in new and improved forms, augmented with several shouts based on DLC words. But instead of just finding a grab-bag of basic loot in a cupboard in HH, you gain various bonuses and blessings (including HD robes) by serving Kyne or Shor or generally doing epic things.

Pay attention to Kyne's animal auguries for phat l00t, kill the Emperor with a dragon shout for a This is how we say "Welcome to Skyrim" in Nordic reward (or irony reward for Ulfric), etc. Or laugh at the Greybeards and their peace ethos and gain dark side points.

The end goal is that you can build a viable and immersive shout-only character. You prefer your current items? Np, you still get more shouts, bugfixes to some of the incredibly bugged vanilla shouts (ahem Dawnguard ahem) and lots of loot tied to player skill tests.

Don't just use shouts. Be a Tongue.

WIP.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Waits impatiently.* :3

Kyne is one god that is connected to shouting... you can also use Talos and Akatosh in some way... and maybe the deadra Herma Mora for the players who like prefer more darker approatch. ;)

Hmmm... it would be epic if you included your speech tree from Ordinator as an optional file for non SkyRe users. :)

I've been working on amazing shouts the freaking Greybeard robe. After all, you have to look the part, but the vanilla robe is rather underwhelming with its massive clipping and stretching and all the detail of a Lego figure.

I fixed it.

The polycount is pretty much doubled and the above issues are gone. Texture quality is the same, but the blocky elements are physically smaller, improving quality (unless you're staring with your face at the pixels)

Then I threw in a few recolors advanced recolors. Here are some (WIP! WIP!).

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/3959191-1372026946.jpg

Speaking (heh) of which, I'm trying to think of other items that could benefit Tongues.

• Amulets? Yes, but not directly after Dwemerverse.
  • Masks? We already have a ton of those, introducing a new item type in direct competition with the main shouting item isn't the best idea.
  • Some sort of book or object that goes into its own slot? There are plenty of armor mods that are "modular" (because the whole reason you're playing Skyrim is apparently strip poker) and they hog a random selection of those unused slots. Imagine people couldn't equip ioun stones and a chainmail thong!
  • A wieldable holy symbol of Talos is planned, but that's not exactly something you can make a dozen variations on.

Planned: a power that instantly ends the cooldown on all shouts, once a day. :smile:

I'm making some changes to the robes. Black and Akatosh have too many similar colours and will get more detail, Oath is meant to be "necromancer-y" but resembles Wild too much. White has gold accents but they're too hard to see. And of course the remaining 5 variations.

Mmm.. I think amulets/rings would be simple and legit. Some new color/material/jewel combos. Maybe a bit "simple" and boring.

Mask.. I wouldn't try shouting when wearing a mask, especially if I'm shouting deadly spells that kill, hurt or cause loosing of limbs.

I think the new wearable items would be really amazing. There's too little of those. Wieldable holy symbol? as shield, staff, or torch? (I guess you know what I mean)

But aye, wearable items is my choice. Shor's stone amulet? (Or maybe one hanging from some sort of rope on hip or something?)

Kyne's Peas? (Just random gigglity, I laughed at this for maybe ten minutes.)

Something like that.

Robes comments:

Novice – Shor - those two are really similar in coloristic.

Oath - It doesn’t really fit necromancy theme. I thought the black one was planned for this purpose.

Black – Yup… too black. Needs more variety of colors.

White – Yup… it would be cool to underline the gold more.

Some random robes ideas:

1. Herma Mora themed robes. The red is the most similar to Herma Mora theme.
  2. Sithis themed robes. I mean…. it sounds cool… so why not… black ones might fit into that after retext.
  3. The symbols on robes. Like the Talos robes can have a Talos holy symbol on them. Akatosh might have a Akatosh symbol. Kyne might have a Kyne symbol, Necromancy might have a Skull symbol etc.

Comments and ideas on the other Tongue artifacts:

Amulets - Would be ok I think. However… in the original Thunderbolt there was an amulet with the cool down reduction enchantment. There is already an amulet of Talos that grants that. :wink: I think that several powerful amulets with some innovative enchantments that can be an alternative for amulet of Talos would be nice. Alsoo… since amulets then why not rings? I mean rings wouldn’t compete with amulets so this way you can have two shouting buffs at once.

Some sort of book or object that goes into its own slot? - That would be epic… but yeah you are right. Many armor mods use those slots already. ;_;

A wieldable holy symbol of Talos – that is a cool idea. Talos can have a special axe with shouting buffs.. :3 Maybe also some staves that allow you to cast a spells that buff shouts? I have several ideas on this one:

• Stave with a spell that regenerates the half of your current shout cooldown bar. Castable only once per 10 minutes.
  • Stave with a spell that makes the next shout go out two times in a row. I mean like… the moment you use firebreath … there is the first normal wave of fire and after a second there automatically comes the second wave.

Now a newb question. I understand that Shor is the Nordic name for Lorkham. How is he related to shouts?

Update!

http://i43.tinypic.com/v7412q.jpg

Still super WIP. Novice still too similar to Shor, Akatosh perhaps a bit too garish, White is good now. Black is out btw.

Robes comments:

Novice – Shor - those two are really similar in coloristic.

Oath - It doesn’t really fit necromancy theme. I thought the black one was planned for this purpose.

Black – Yup… too black. Needs more variety of colors.

White – Yup… it would be cool to underline the gold more.

Some random robes ideas:

1. Herma Mora themed robes. The red is the most similar to Herma Mora theme.
  2. Sithis themed robes. I mean…. it sounds cool… so why not… black ones might fit into that after retext.
  3. The symbols on robes. Like the Talos robes can have a Talos holy symbol on them. Akatosh might have a Akatosh symbol. Kyne might have a Kyne symbol, Necromancy might have a Skull symbol etc.

Comments and ideas on the other Tongue artifacts:

Amulets - Would be ok I think. However… in the original Thunderbolt there was an amulet with the cool down reduction enchantment. There is already an amulet of Talos that grants that. :wink: I think that several powerful amulets with some innovative enchantments that can be an alternative for amulet of Talos would be nice. Alsoo… since amulets then why not rings? I mean rings wouldn’t compete with amulets so this way you can have two shouting buffs at once.

Some sort of book or object that goes into its own slot? - That would be epic… but yeah you are right. Many armor mods use those slots already. ;_;

A wieldable holy symbol of Talos – that is a cool idea. Talos can have a special axe with shouting buffs.. :3 Maybe also some staves that allow you to cast a spells that buff shouts? I have several ideas on this one:

• Stave with a spell that regenerates the half of your current shout cooldown bar. Castable only once per 10 minutes.
  • Stave with a spell that makes the next shout go out two times in a row. I mean like… the moment you use firebreath … there is the first normal wave of fire and after a second there automatically comes the second wave.

Now a newb question. I understand that Shor is the Nordic name for Lorkham. How is he related to shouts?

Rings make little sense. I know it's magic but might as well do shouting boots then. :smile: The thing about amulets is... they would conflict with Dwemer Stones. :(

Axe? Thor's Hammer of course! And ioun stones. *must resist temptation to add Noise Marine Doom Siren*

Dual shouts is already an enchantment in Thunderbolt and therefore in Thunderchild by default. :biggrin:

Shor: quoth uesp:

Though dead, ancient Nordic legends speak of Shor's ghost being "sung" back into the world at momentous occasions in Nordic history.

Here comes Herma Mora! :smile: Woow… I was thinking that it should be brown like Miraak robes… but now that I think of it… Herma Mora should be dark green like you did there. :smile: I mean all those tentacles… :wink:

Comments on the new robes:

Novice and Shor – Yup now there is a bigger color variety.

Oath and Wild – No longer resemble each other. I think they look ok.

Sands – Alikir themed ehh? :wink: The top side looks ok. The bottom needs some more love. Maybe more white… same as the sleeves have… and more darker red?

Kings and Harvest– the top parts do not fit the bottom ones.

Moons – the contrast between silver and black is too big. Especially between the hood and the epaulets.

Worms – Nice concept but there is something with the hood and epaulets I can’t really place my finger on… lol

Red – looks nice. :smile:

Rose – Not sure… lol

White, Akatosh, Kyne and Talos – Look cool. :3

Herma Mora – I like the green concept but there are some white green parts that do not really fit…. also something not right with the hood.

Rings make little sense. I know it's magic but might as well do shouting boots then. :smile: The thing about amulets is... they would conflict with Dwemer Stones. :(

Well... I see the problem. ;; That means the hands are left... or some rearly used equip slot? I heard that the last ones are the used very often...

Still several amulets would be ok. I mean with the new SkyUi version changing the equipement according to the situation is not really problematic.

Ohhh... and thx about the lore on Shor. :3

Edit. Alternatively... maybe instead of using equipement slots... something like the shrines that grant the blessings directly? Just a random idea. lol

Edited by Tykiii