[WIP] Thunderchild - The Tongue Experience

EnaiSiaion

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added Dreams, Sea, Earth and Sorcery. As Bill Gates didn't actually say, 20 robes should be enough for anyone. Moving on...

Spells

I'm currently working on the visual styles for shout-related spells (I'm doing everything except shouts lolface).

Ps. Black hole shout.

Enchantments

Several items that can be disenchanted. Will include things like combat or social bonuses when shouts are cooling down, a chance for shouts to have 0 cooldown, etc.

There may be a few amulets ("ioun stones" that hover around you), but the main source of shout enchantments are wieldable items: holy symbols of Kyne and Talos and dwemer megaphones etc.

Learning abilities

For lack of "shout schematics" (lyrics? ;D) another way to learn shouts will have to be found.

One idea is to randomly place shrines in the environment. When you get in the vicinity, animals or lightning will point out its location. Yell at a shrine to open it and retrieve its secrets.

Maybe "voicewraiths" to defeat, dunno...

One idea is to randomly place shrines in the environment. When you get in the vicinity, animals or lightning will point out its location. Yell at a shrine to open it and retrieve its secrets.

Maybe "voicewraiths" to defeat, dunno...

I really like where you're going with this whole thing but the yelling at the shrine is a fantastic idea. I'm thinking maybe put the runes for the required shout on or near the shrine? So that not just any 'ol shout will open it? Make it a bit of puzzle/riddle type thing? Just a thought.

Voicewraiths would also be very cool.

I have thoughts on a few of the robes, but overall I think they could work. I won't bore you with that. :)

A random idea that will be used somewhere - shout at the sky for an improved effect! Also, the holy symbol of Talos is in. It functions as a staff, but I'm not sure what it could do yet.

Here are all 20 of them. Now on to other elements of the mod...

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/3959191-1372283452.jpg

For variation you could combine the book and holy symbol thing some. Games like Diablo use battle tomes and focus orbs/gems, they are used as an offhand. Could mechanically be used as a weaker shield or even a mace (holy book bashing lol).

There is no animation for holding a book while fighting.

Aye. That's why it's so annoyingly hard to make something like that. Tried it myself as well, couldn't figure out any way that would make sense.

Book as shield = Weird

Book as "torch" = FTW

Book as staff = A bit silly

I love the new robes :D Sorcery is especially fancy and cool.

I'm teh stuck. :(

I have no idea how one would be able to learn those shouts.

Walls: aside from the lack of logic behind learning the same word twice, this would mean claiming dibs on a ton of cells, which is out of the question.

The High Hrotgar library and dragon souls: that's how it works in Thunderbolt and it doesn't seem to be the most popular idea I've ever had.

Random encounters: I set up a nice thing that makes the ghost of Shor appear in a field of ghostly swords at the location of a nearby corpse you're not looking at, you can find it by listening to the sound. But well, one of the appeals of Dwemerverse is that it fits right into the lore, this does NOT.

A few suggestions:

1: Add a special location filled with Word Walls, perhaps a special giant atrium hidden on the Throat of the World. Walls could be guarded by Dragon Priests or simply require a certain amount of progress in the main quest to unlock (perhaps symbolizing Akatosh's growing approval of your actions)

2: Add some kind of Great Word Wall which activates a menu allowing you to purchase shouts with souls.

3: Let the Greybeards teach them to you. After all, they teach you Roh or Dah IIRC.

Hope one of these helps. :)

Uhh... maybe some sort of learning altar? Something that works (but doesn't look like one lol) as a "forge" that allows you to "forge" new shouts at the cost of dragon souls? Still some sort of additional learning conditions would be nice. I mean just having the proper words to learn a new shouts is not enough.

Ok lets say that there is a book... ok five books for each of the five gods that are connected to shouts and each one for one of the greay beards. ;) The books are scattered inside High Hrotgar. When you read such book and have a spare dragon soul a quest is started... (and the dragon soul is consumed) the point of each quest is to use a specific shout you have a particualr amount of times. For exaple... you read Akatosh book so now you have to either kill 100 people with the fire breath or use the bend will shout on a dragon 20 times or something else etc. When you fulfill one of the quest condition you learn a new shout?

When you learn at least one shout of the first tier from one book and read it again with another spare dragon soul a quest will be started again and you again will be faced with compleating one of the quests... but this time outside of the quest you didn't compleat before some new ones will appear?

It would allow you to divide the new shouts between the five gods... each set of themed shouts for each god themed book?