Recruiting for Skyrim mod: TES V: Cyrodiil

insanitypays

*Description of mod*
This is an idea I've been mulling over for a LONG time.

First off, this wouldn't be a "Travel to Cyrodiil" mod for Skyrim. This would be a total world conversion. If the project takes off in the direction I'm hoping, the player would start a new game and pop up in Cyrodiil, with no ability to travel to the other provinces.
Secondly, this is NOT A REBOOT OF OBLIVION- The chronology is 15+ years after the events of Skyrim. Furthermore, a lot of things in the region have changed, giving the team freedom to mold a completely new experience out of a region that TES players thought they knew. This is Titus Mede's Empire, not that of Tiber Septim. This is the Cyrodiil of the 4th era.

TES V: Cyrodiil is a (relatively)stand alone mod rebuilding the province of Cyrodiil from the ground up. The team will start off with a completely new heightmap, and will slowly go about creating some new fauna and flora to fill the world with- assets that are optimized to Skyrim's engine. This first stage would contain no NPCs, no access to and from Skyrim, no quests and no signs of sentient life- just a handmade natural environment. Hilly plains, deciduous forest, fallen trees, fields of flowers, that sort of thing- all with a bright new aesthetic to contrast that of Skyrim.

This is ambitious, I know that. My intention is quality- not quantity. It would be slower work- but I want it to feel like Bethesda themselves actually took time to build this world.

The next stage would include the creation of major cities and maybe some new towns.

Next come smaller towns, farms, cabins, campsites, and any other smaller areas

Dungeons, caves, and ruins will be the last thing added- and will be followed by any other minor details and some basic NPCs. I will be able to retexture some armors from Skyrim and it's DLCs (which will all be required) in order to make some minor aesthetic changes (EX: Making some new textures+normals for the Dawngurd armor= town guard armor)

Quests and other super complex stuff will be left out until the end result- Some basic outlines for quests will influence the world's development.

* RECRUITING *
Now down to the real stuff: assembling a team. This really is the hardest part of the entire process as far as I know.
I have a basic knowledge of the creation kit- I have a tablet which I could do concept art with, a good knowledge of Maya for making statics and maybe some weapons- I've also got CS5 for textures. I've spent the last few months honing my skills and trying to match Skyrim's art quality as best I could. I'm getting really close. Close enough to write all this. My position would be an overarching guidance role to push development towards practical, realistic goals while retaining a solid level of quality throughout development. At the same time, I will contribute to the effort through my own artwork. I do not expect completion, and WE WILL BE STARTING SMALL.
I'll need some experienced artists- preferably more experienced than myself- I don't want to get ahead of myself, but we may be in order for some voice actors and maybe even coders in the far future...

Concept artists: Draw me some pretty pictures based on vague incoherent wide eyed descriptions. You need experience with the TES art style. I'd like someone whose been playing this franchise since before it was a franchise.

Environment artists: People who will put our artwork to good use. People with an eye for what looks right, but also retains playability. Full on creation kit junkies who can stick to a concept and make something thorough. I'd appreciate someone with good experience with the engine.

Modellers and Texture artists: Make some statics based on concept art. Must use polygons practically, as well as UV space. I don't want to lag someone looking at a tree with 500000+ polygons. I will bring in texture artists who can't model- but modellers will need to do their own UV's and know at least a little bit about texturing their assets. I want good communication between modellers and texture artists. Clean work is a necessity

Recommended Programs: Maya, 3ds max, Photoshop CS5, Gimp, Skyrim Creation Kit= I'll make exceptions if I can figure out a way to keep all our work compatible.

STEAM/Facebook: If I work a team together, my preferred means of communication are Steam and Facebook. A facebook group is perfect for this kind of thing imo. PM me with some examples of your work if you're interested ;) (Erikmovesmetal @ gmail (no spaces of course))

Any feedback, questions, concerns?