Got my code... Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire where?

MidbossVyers

After a few days of shooting images and .pdf documents back and forth, I finally got my product code for Skyrim. After inputting it, it successfully installed. Naturally, my first action was to install the unofficial fix patches. To do so, I first installed TES Mod Manager and looked at the current files. I only found Skyrim.esm and Update.esm but not Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm, or Dragonborn.esm. I looked through the vanilla game path for the data files, as well as looking into the folders directly but found nothing. I emailed Bethsoft with:

As you know from the images that I had attached with my previous emails to [email protected] (the one entitled Re System Auto Generated Response with the images and .pdf), the version of Skyrim that I bought was the Legendary Edition. In other words, it should come complete with the Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn DLC content. However, after I had used the Key code provided (see previous emails below) and installed the game, I looked through the game's esm files. I could only see the main Skyrim file and the update file. When I checked the DLC section on Steam, it looked like that it was asking me to buy them as there was only an Add to Cart option with the prices rather than download or register. Are the DLC integrated with the master file or did the code that you provided not include the DLC? Or is there some extra step that I am forgetting to do?

They responded:

There are instructions that come with the Legendary Edition, advising how to start these quest. They are started in-game. Make sure you refer to these instructions and let us know if you're still unable to start the quests.

Does this mean that the .esm file will appear after the quests appears in my game's quest journal. If so, does that mean I cannot mod them until I start them? If not, where are they?

Where did you buy the game from? Where you have said you were passing .pdf files back and forth concerns me.

Also did you get a physical copy or just codes? I don't have the Legendary edition so I'm not sure whether you should have 1 key or 4 keys. Have you tried verifying the integrity of Skyrim via Steam?

Lastly just to confirm, the DLC files are not downloaded after starting the quest they should be in your data directory from the beginning.

Amazon, but I was actually contacting Bethesda directly with the relevant documents. I got the physical copy, but I had to email Bethesda for the code because it was missing in the game box. Also, trying to verify the integrity led to "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.", but Bethesda assures me that this is normal. And no, the DLC are not in my data files nor the Steam current DLC list.

Ok thanks for the reply, I was worried when you said about .pdfs as I thought you had gone on ebay or something and got conned.

If the DLC files are definitely not in your steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data folder and no extra paper slips in the game case I would suggest you get on to Amazon about the issue. I don't believe there is anything else anybody here can do unless someone else has the legendary edition and knows of a common problem.

I wish I could help further but I think this is more an Amazon issue than a Skyrim one.