Who did you marry?

lolwut50

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I could mod my game, it was Mjoll the Lioness... it was always Mjoll for me... even though she had a habit of telling me how her mom taught her how to fight with a sword at inopportune times like when someone was trying to tell me to help them find their kid that was stuck in a tree or how their family heirloom needs to be recovered from the toenail of a giant.

Before I could mod my game, it was Mjoll the Lioness... it was always Mjoll for me... even though she had a habit of telling me how her mom taught her how to fight with a sword at inopportune times like when someone was trying to tell me to help them find their kid that was stuck in a tree or how their family heirloom needs to be recovered from the toenail of a giant.

Me too, for money. Now my follower cooks me meals AND has a store somewhere that makes me coin. And she's hard to kill by accident. :wink:

On my first Imperial character, I married good old Lydia. On my Nord, I married Jordis. On my Dumner, I was married but forget to who. And currently on my Khajiit, I married Lisette, but she attacked me for random reasons so I had to kill her and then use console commands to restart the marriage quest and I ended up marrying Grelka(yes, I used console commands to marry for my Khajiit). Grelka is a funny and awesome wife. She's not at all like the others. The other wives always try to be loving and say "yes my love" but she's sassy and sometimes a total b**ch. But I love her because all of her dialouge options make me LMAO.

Whenever I get married it's for pure gaming purposes, which means I need the spouse to go with me on missions. At some point I go from trying to stay as low-level as possible to wanting to max out my enchanting level at the lowest possible cost, and that's around the time I get married. How romantic, right? :P

Anyway to me a spouse needs to be an adventure-spouse, not an arrow-in-the-knee spouse, and she needs to be able to move quietly when necessary. That leaves surprisingly few candidates: Brelyna, Aela, and Jenassa AFAIK. You can build any follower top-quality armor and while not as good as a "real" weapon the Staff of Magnus is pretty decent for mages, but with stealth she's either got it or she doesn't. So you can pick from those three (unless you want to marry a dude, or maybe there are some stealthy female marrying types in the DLC's.)

"Lucky Lydia", who saw me safely through the entire MQ without even a horse as a casualty, bumped me down an elevator shaft in Solstheim. I guess I had her carrying too many of my burdens.

With my Vampire Hunter character i completed the Dawnguard questline, cured Serana and married her!

Curing a 200+ year old vampire who actually says she doesn't want to be cured... That's just mean. Haha.

The man in the house is ALWAYS the boss! :P

Oh Boy!! You are in for a nasty shock....BWAHAHAHA!!!!.... :biggrin: .... :P

Whenever I get married it's for pure gaming purposes, which means I need the spouse to go with me on missions. At some point I go from trying to stay as low-level as possible to wanting to max out my enchanting level at the lowest possible cost, and that's around the time I get married. How romantic, right? :P

Anyway to me a spouse needs to be an adventure-spouse, not an arrow-in-the-knee spouse, and she needs to be able to move quietly when necessary. That leaves surprisingly few candidates: Brelyna, Aela, and Jenassa AFAIK. You can build any follower top-quality armor and while not as good as a "real" weapon the Staff of Magnus is pretty decent for mages, but with stealth she's either got it or she doesn't. So you can pick from those three (unless you want to marry a dude, or maybe there are some stealthy female marrying types in the DLC's.)

"Lucky Lydia", who saw me safely through the entire MQ without even a horse as a casualty, bumped me down an elevator shaft in Solstheim. I guess I had her carrying too many of my burdens.

If I remember correctly, don't you usually play 'permadeath' Ratcatcher?....Or do I have the wrong gamer?

So you're feeling my pain ... yes, you've got the right Ratcatcher. "Lucky Lydia" is a widow; her husband who saved the world from Alduin rode that elevator shaft straight to Sovengarde. Kodlak died so much better.

What's my new guy's name? Can I even remember? Umm ... I bought a dog ... Legendary difficulty is freakin' murder, I've got an atronach and a dog and Lydia (strictly in the "friend zone") and slightly-improved steel armor which was the best I could scrape together and I still almost died from a single claw swipe from a saber snow cat frost leopard or whatever those things are. I think on Legendary they shifted the monster levels up a category; I should be seeing Ice Wolves and instead it's those killer snow cats.

The name's "Victor", that's right, it sounded lucky, it's French so it's good for Breton ... "Victor" is the new guy's name. Hey isn't that the name of the Robot Cowboy from New Vegas? He was lucky, right?

The "no armor grace period" is gone. On Master difficulty you could run around in mage robes the first 5-6 levels and not worry too much about 1-hit kills. Those days are over. You're vulnerable right from Level 1. One unprotected fool tried to join the Companions and got 1-hit killed by Vilkas during training. Low-level armor does almost nothing, but you still need it on the off chance it tips the balance barely in favor of surviving the 1-hit kill. Throw in the Lord Stone and it piles on a little more protection.

I desperately don't want to die ... I've freed Madanach from Cidnha Mine, gotten Dinya "Bear Necessities" Balu's 15% MR, visited the Azura Shrine, killed 2 dragons, taken the 10% MR perk from Alteration, joined the Companions (shield-bashed Vilkas to avoid the 1-hit kill), built Lakeview Greenhouse, and with every accomplishment I'm only that much more terrified to even walk out the door. Oh, yeah, about that "terrified to walk out the door", there's a good reason for that. Lakeview got attacked by a giant when I was like level 10. I ran right past him before I even knew he was there. I heard his breathing before I saw him and immediately bolted for the stables. Kynareth rewards those who are kind to their horses I guess.

My poor dog got hammered, but better him than me, and he managed to survive. So did Lydia. Faendal was my steward but I think he slept through the whole attack. We walk in the house after fighting from noon to dark, the giant finally succumbing after dozens of atronachs and hundreds of arrows, and f'in slacker Faendal is all, "Hey bro! Got some brewskis in the cellar!" And I'm all like ... too tired to be mad, know what I mean?