New file adding "wizard", tagging and more prominent content blocking

Dark0ne

While I'm not for increasing censorship in any way, I think having the Hot Files section require the "hot file" to have a sfw cover image would be a good way to add some security to the family oriented folks, while allowing us scum to see what new dingaling and hoo-hoo mods we can get our mits on. For instance, Penises of Skyim(or whatever it was called), while obviously an adult oriented mod did not have a human/kajiit/argonian/mer wang as it's cover image - it had a stylized, turgid standing stone in the shape of a wiener. The Sevenbase body on the other hand just had a naked woman, nipples and all. The former is classy, the latter is not so subtle.

I guess it is harder to find a balance without going either full Disney or all the way to the dark side. Just glad it's not my job. :)

Edited by dirk45

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #8293877. #8293887, #8293928 are all replies on the same post.

Rumors are that there are ladies here on the Nexus too, and some of them are even allowed by God and willing to see male genitalia. Oh-la-la.

Honestly: I couldn't agree more with both of you. Anyone who can't stand nudity should be aware that this may very well be his business, but there is no law whatsoever that forbids sites like the Nexus to show nudity to adults.

I for myself am tired of people trying to force their prudery, messed up sex education or religious beliefs on anything they see. Honestly, I've never experienced such a fuss on nudity like I've seen it here, and I really don't envy the mods and admins, cause they are the ones that must cope with that. They have better and more pressing matters to deal with. Just read Dark0nes previous posting(s).

Ok, first round of tag blocking features under "Attributes" are now visible. Ticked off "Translations" on Skyrim Nexus and instantly lost 1803 mods from the results. I'm impressed; it seems translators are the best taggers of their files!

In response to post #8293873.

If I got that right, if the file was tagged as adult and you blocked adult content you should not see it in the hot files.

I do believe that Sevenbase is indeed tagged accordingly as adult and nudity, so your job will be only to block adult content or not.

Quote:

"While I’m no expert in the field let me provide some advice: if seeing a penis mod throws you into a fit of quizzical fury you might need to explore your own sexuality a bit further. Don’t repress it, explore it. You’ll save yourself lots of therapy payments in the future."

To paraphrase Ben Franklin: "If it doesn't break my arm or pick my pocket", what's the big deal?

If people don't like certain content, use the blocker. I know it was enabled by default when I joined the Nexus. I love it when people complain about their own laziness.

Excellent post, humor is always a good thing :)