Bound Sword katana replacer.

Relativelybest

Simply put, I want to replace the daedric model for the Bound Sword spell with a katana-type sword. Preferably the daedric katana from the Weapons of the Third Era mod (which I belive I already have via Immersive Weapons) or one of Insanity's works, but I'll settle for basically any decent katana model, including the vanilla Blades sword.

I'd preferably it just replace the bound swords, but I wouldn't exactly mind if it replaces all the daedric swords as well if that's what it takes, since I never really use them anyway.

This idea is simple enough to be done well within 20 minutes for someone who's just starting out with the creation kit. You could do it yourself if you wanted to. There's a whole youtube series that explains how to use skyrim's modding tools- it's simpler than you'd think ^^

Edited by insanitypays

This idea is simple enough to be done well within 20 minutes for someone who's just starting out with the creation kit. You could do it yourself if you wanted to. There's a whole youtube series that explains how to use skyrim's modding tools- it's simpler than you'd think ^^

Yes, well, that was Plan B. I was hoping it would be so simple someone wouldn't mind spending 20 minutes making it for me, which is still less than it'll take me to learn how to do it myself.

Plus, all my previous attempts at modding have ended in failure, even the really simple ones. And not "turned out kinda ugly" type failure but "had to delete the file entirely" failure. Frankly, I don't think I'm cut out for it.

Edited by Relativelybest

Okay, so I've been playing around with the meshes and I have figured out two things: 1) the models for the bound sword and the daedric sword use different files and 2) even if I replace the bound sword model, the whole blue flame aura effect is it's own separate file, so I get a ghostly daedric fire sword on top of my replacer sword.

...Yeah, this is way out of my league to do anything about. :confused:

Edited by Relativelybest