2214 replies to this topic

xordevoreaux

xordevoreaux

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 113 posts
In response to post #96328643.

Spoiler

I'm not worried as a modder about being a possessive parent over my "children." I host on sites like Nexus because my time on this Earth is limited and I want to know when I'm gone people can still enjoy my mods, so from that perspective, I don't care how far and wide my mods are flung as long as they're not 100% inaccessible because some greedy little punk locked my content behind their paywall.

Edited by xordevoreaux, 01 July 2021 - 10:28 AM.

xordevoreaux

xordevoreaux

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 113 posts
In response to post #96328013. #96328688 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Which won't mean jack when those mods need updating to continue to be functional after game updates (such as a new Skyrim SE SKSE coming out) but the modder isn't updating his mods on Nexus any more.

Edited by xordevoreaux, 01 July 2021 - 10:33 AM.

femshepping

femshepping

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,864 posts
Seems like an alright idea in concept, but not letting people permanently delete their stuff? Not really keen on that. Iím not going to delete any of my stuff, but people should have the choice past the grace period. Also, Iíd feel pretty icky if my mods were bundled in with a bunch of weird sex mods (to each their own but I donít personally turn my games into sex games). It would be nice if we could approve/preview the collection that our mods are added to and decline a request.†

zoro4661

zoro4661

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
Ooooh, I see! So all those posts you deleted for "SpReAdInG mIsInFoRmAtIoN" weren't actually spreading misinformation at all! Nice. Lovely to see. Very fair.

Piss off.

Greb651

Greb651

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 213 posts
In response to post #96328643. #96328698 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I donít think mod authors are afraid of empty comment section. Itís quite the opposite, they are afraid of "your mod broke my game, I hate you" comments posted by people who have no idea what there are doing, havenít read the description and/or added incompatible mods to collections.

M1stLynx

M1stLynx

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 557 posts
In response to post #96328343. #96328398 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

The entire thing was a stupid idea from the concept stage because the only reason they would prevent someone from deleting older versions of a mod would be if the collection can continue to reference them which means collections would have to be constantly updated and can very easily break someone's game and they will have no way of knowing which mod did it. Add onto that that every new thing Nexus has tried to do in recent years has been poorly done (Vortex still missing basic features that the previous mod manager had) and I see nothing good coming out of this.

bchick3

bchick3

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 7,571 posts
I absolutely love the concept.† A couple of things though.† What about merged mods?† How will the system handle those (if at all).† And if merge files are allowed in collections, I assume we would also need to upload the merge file?† Would we have to get permission from all authors to do so?† And what about files on other sites (like Skyrim Heels Sound on Lovers Lab)?

Edited by bchick3, 01 July 2021 - 10:43 AM.

RichWebster

RichWebster

Software Engineer

• Premium Member
  • 2,581 posts
In response to post #96328513. #96328733, #96328933 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I've been modding Skyrim here since 2012.

EDIT: You're also free to disagree, that's why I said I'm happy with it. I wasn't speaking for you†:thumbsup:

Edited by RichWebster, 01 July 2021 - 10:38 AM.

zoro4661

zoro4661

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
In response to post #96328343. #96328398, #96328898 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Not to mention deleting mod authors' announcements about this, with the stated reason of "Spreading misinformation".

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 6,313 posts
In response to post #96328513. #96328733, #96328908 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

@ThreeKidsInATrenchcoat

I don't think this is an accurate description of why that user was banned by the site owner in 2016. If you're curious you can read the ban thread.

Edited by BigBizkit, 01 July 2021 - 10:36 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.051 seconds