Silver Arrows, Blessed Arrows?

FathomsDeep

Has anyone created silver or blessed arrows? If not, would anyone consider adding these? Seems like they're a classic standard bit of werewolf/undead equipment that doesn't exist in Skyrim at all!

I'm working on custom poisons for dipping arrows which have different effects. Not exactly having the arrow be silver to begin with, but the effect to do more damage to a werewolf or undead could easily be achieved via magical effects and putting a condition on the effect in-which the target would have to be a Werewolf, Zombie or Vamp or whatnot.

I have a poison that turns targets into werewolves, so I don't think it would be difficult to make a werewolf killing silver poison.

Since I don't mod myself, (creation kit bugged on me so I can't even tinker,) it's hard to understand the ways in which it's difficult, but I get the impression it is. So, you can't just create arrows made of specific materials, and attach those materials' effects to the arrows themselves?

SeraphimKensai: That sounds like a decent approach, at least to the werewolf end of things. :) Would it be possible to extend the same effect to undead, so that some kind of "silver nitrate dip" could do added damage to lycanthropes and undead entities? Likewise, would it be possible to create a holy water poison sort of thing, that could damage undead and Daedrics?

Obviously, the ideal solution would be some means by which arrows could be blessed or enchanted. As in: Take normal arrows (of whatever appropriate material) to a temple, or an altar/enchanting table, and imbue or have some temple person imbue various effects, but clearly this is even more difficult to achieve in the game for some reason....

Hmmm, I have some down time here at work for a couple hours. So, naturally I will waste company time to work on a quick little mod that should do what you need, but it won't be pretty like bringing stuff to a temple to be imbued or whatnot as I'm not a world builder, or texture artist.

As for adding the effects themselves to the arrows, I think its possible to create a custom arrow and give it a custom projectile (mind you i'm not a texture artist). The Projectile section of the Creation Kit allows you to make explosive arrows and from the explosion apply an enchant (or spell effect), where if I'm not mistaken you could apply an effect to conditionally do more damage to werewolves or undead. Thus allowing "Silver" and "Holy Water" arrows.

The problem with that though, would be that you'd need a specific kind of arrow to do the effect, as opposed to the poison which could be applied to any weapon or arrow.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

I've successfully made a short mod which does the jist of what your asking. I wasn't sure on intensity of the enchants but I tried to make them decent without completely overdoing it.

There's 2 new arrow types available for purchase at the Drunken Huntsmen in Whiterun (Holy Water Arrow and Silver Arrow)

There's also 2 new poisons available for purchase at Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun (Holy Water and Silver Nitrate)

Its not my most refined peace, but what happens is:

1. the Silver Arrow when shot into a werewolf causes them to start losing health and slows them down (figured like a dog limping away)

2. the Holy Water Arrow when shot into a vampire or any undead they start losing health and are paralyzed for a little while.

The poisons do essentially the same thing as the arrows, but can be applied to any arrow, so hypothetically you could be using silver arrows and dip them in holy water you could shot at a vampire riding a werewolf and as long as you hit one of them it will apply the poison.

One thing to note, the arrows have an explosion radius to apply the enchantment, so because its unrefined, I noticed it was possible to hit a vampire with the effect via an indirect AoE contact.

Also another note: the arrows when used on a custom race will only act as regular steel arrows, the poisons won't effect custom races.

I also only made this mod require Skyrim and the Update master file. I did test while using Dawnguard, I just didn't try it on Vampire Lords (or think to make the Holy water affect them, but then again they are purebloods so they laugh at your feeble attempts to kill them).

The one thing that is horrible is for some reason the forums won't let me attach .esp files, which you would assume they would seeing as its a mod request forum, but anyways if you want it just PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Hopefully this helps.