S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl Ending Thoughts?

ImNoGhoul

OK, so at first, when you read this, it will sound a bit strange and probably a little stupid. But I swear, this is all real.

So last week, I finally finished S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC - my favourite S.T.A.L.K.E.R game... until I made it to the end. You see, when I got towards the end; you know, (SPOILERS AHEAD! TRAVEL AHEAD AT YOUR OWN RISK) kill the thousands upon thousands of Monolith dudes and reach the Wish Making Thingo; I didn't know what I was doing and really just wanted to get it over with. So I 'made a wish', and that's when I really lost my faith in the whole game (after that whole time)

His wish was (SPOILERZ) 'I want to be rich!' And to me, this would've been the last thing I wanted. And it goes on and then ~PLOT TWIST~ he dies.

And so I sat there... at my desk. Thinking 'why?' I then watched the credits for a minute, just thinking 'what kind of an ending is that?!'. Then I just turned off my computer and went to bed. But it was later that night, I regretted playing that game.

I couldn't stop thinking about that ending and what kind of an impact it had on me. How brutal and cruel it was... it wouldn't get out of my mind. I couldn't get that image out of my mind. The voices of some of the NPCS couldn't get out of my head either. The phrases "Kill Strelok" and "Marked One" were heard in my mind over and over again. The time was 1:14am when I woke up. I went to bed at 12:30ish. When I woke up, I was shivering like crazy. My body was freezing! No matter how many blankets I put on; no matter how many layers of jumpers I wore, I was still freezing. I was still hearing those voices and the images, still in my mind. When my parents came out wondering what was happening (I'm not a 30 year old ;) ), they said that they were too warm and turned off the heater. I was colder than ever now, but I managed to make it through the night... just.

What were your thoughts on the ending? Are there multiple endings that I don't know about? Did you have a similar situation like mine? I would just like to know what you all thought. Thank you for viewing and reading etc. :)

Well atleast it wasn't as bad as Red Dead Redemption, if you want a bad ending, thats it :teehee:

I haven't gotten through it all, but people have spoiled the ending for me and I thought it was quite tragic D:

Well atleast it wasn't as bad as Red Dead Redemption, if you want a bad ending, thats it :teehee:

i thought it was the one the best endings in video games ever. also you may not be seeing the complete ending, theres one more mission line after the credits roll.

I didn't like the ending because of the key issues laid out in spoiler.

For all the things he did for the agency he ended up dead and betrayed via agents, its a sad ending, and it should of never happened.

He slowly paid of his debts but did he get what he rightfully deserved no. Also if they really wanted to wipe his family off the map, why didn't they go after his son, he's only going to walk in his footsteps.

Edited by Thor.

Well, don't make a wish, go to a doctor (least i think this is how he's called, been a long time), and get a device that opens the door next to monolith and don't agree to C-Concious. Than through that door another 3-2h of game play awaits! :wink:

As I mentioned, it's been a long time since i played this game so, i don't remember 100%..

Well, don't make a wish, go to a doctor (least i think this is how he's called, been a long time), and get a device that opens the door next to monolith and don't agree to C-Concious. Than through that door another 3-2h of game play awaits! :wink:

As I mentioned, it's been a long time since i played this game so, i don't remember 100%..

I found out that there are multiple endings, but they all end badly D:

The only "good" ending doesn't involve the whish granter and yes, you need to see a certain doctor to get the right clues.

Well this will be fun. Going through every part of the map to find one dude :|