Can't get anything working, ever. Skyrim SE

Flumpious

I'm reaching out here as a last resort so I do apologise, I'm a novice modder.

The issue I'm facing is that I currently have an SSD, and a HDD in my Computer, SSD is my C: Drive and I keep it namely for my Windows OS to sit on, I have a E: Drive which is my HDD where I store all of my games, mods etc etc..

I've installed Vortex into my E: Drive under Program Files (x86) in it's original root directory "Black Tree Gaming Limited", it works and loads up the application just fine.

My game is also installed to the E: Drive, under it's usual location in the Steam files, this also loads up and plays just fine.

I load into Vortex, I grab which mods I want, I download them, install them and enable them (Firstly it said I needed SKSE, which I grabbed and then installed and Enabled), however they only show up in the Mods list, and not under the plugins list and none of them actually activate in game.

I've checked in the settings and both the Mod Staging Area and Mods Download area are also inside the E: Drive in the suggested places. However the mods still do not work. I've looked through loads of videos, guides and all sorts of other resources to try and fix this and even uninstalled Vortex as a whole, Uninstalled Skyrim as a whole and tried the whole process from scratch. still nothing.

All my files have read and write privileges on them so it's not a permissions issue.

At this stage I'm actually loosing the will to mod, can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in Advance .

I'm reaching out here as a last resort so I do apologise, I'm a novice modder.

The issue I'm facing is that I currently have an SSD, and a HDD in my Computer, SSD is my C: Drive and I keep it namely for my Windows OS to sit on, I have a E: Drive which is my HDD where I store all of my games, mods etc etc..

I've installed Vortex into my E: Drive under Program Files (x86) in it's original root directory "Black Tree Gaming Limited", it works and loads up the application just fine.

My game is also installed to the E: Drive, under it's usual location in the Steam files, this also loads up and plays just fine.

I load into Vortex, I grab which mods I want, I download them, install them and enable them (Firstly it said I needed SKSE, which I grabbed and then installed and Enabled), however they only show up in the Mods list, and not under the plugins list and none of them actually activate in game.

I've checked in the settings and both the Mod Staging Area and Mods Download area are also inside the E: Drive in the suggested places. However the mods still do not work. I've looked through loads of videos, guides and all sorts of other resources to try and fix this and even uninstalled Vortex as a whole, Uninstalled Skyrim as a whole and tried the whole process from scratch. still nothing.

All my files have read and write privileges on them so it's not a permissions issue.

At this stage I'm actually loosing the will to mod, can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in Advance .

You said

INSTALL

ENABLE

I didn't see you mention DEPLOY

Go to SETTINGS----->INTERFACE
Turn On
Deploy Mods when Enabled
Enable Mods when installed (in current profile)

Keep in mind also - mods have to have a plugin to show up on the plugins tab. Files like an ESP or an ESM.

Texture mods typically do not have a plugin, and will not show up there.

"Deploy" is what actually inserts the hard links into your game directory. No mod will work without that operation.

Deploy Mods when Enabled and Enable Mods when Installed are both options that are now on, however still no difference, I've uninstalled Vortex, and Skyrim SE and reinstalled them both, all in the E: Drive, checked the deployment, checked all the directories and everything is fine, yet no matter what Mod I Install and Enable, nothing shows in the Plugins except the usual files, still nothing in game, even with a completely fresh install - Is there some key part I'm missing here during the set-up?

Deploy Mods when Enabled and Enable Mods when Installed are both options that are now on, however still no difference, I've uninstalled Vortex, and Skyrim SE and reinstalled them both, all in the E: Drive, checked the deployment, checked all the directories and everything is fine, yet no matter what Mod I Install and Enable, nothing shows in the Plugins except the usual files, still nothing in game, even with a completely fresh install - Is there some key part I'm missing here during the set-up?

DID you PURGE the mods first, before you unnecessarily Uninstalled and reinstalled Vortex and Skyrim?

Because if you didn't purge, you've made your situation worse, instead of waiting for more help.

Turning on "Deploy Mods when Enabled and Enable Mods when Installed" doesn't change anything until you install another mod.

I wish you had waited before uninstalling/reinstalling everything, because now it's going to be a Pain to fix.

Guest deleted34304850

quick question for you - why would you uninstall/reinstall anything?

when you have to decorate your house, do you knock it down first?