Lost access to mod author subforum

Ladez

Honestly, if you deleted all your mods in a fit of nerd rage, what did you expect? Life has choices and consequences.

Well now. There is a rather interesting way of putting it...... A creator doesn't want to give up all of his rights to his own work, and you are calling it "nerd rage"? Seriously???

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if mod authors that removed their mods before this current issue came to play, were they also removed from the mod author forums? I can't bring up a specific example of this either way but did it always work like this?

Honestly, if you deleted all your mods in a fit of nerd rage, what did you expect? Life has choices and consequences.

Well now. There is a rather interesting way of putting it...... A creator doesn't want to give up all of his rights to his own work, and you are calling it "nerd rage"? Seriously???

No. What I am saying is the attitude of deleting all your mods and then expecting to retain the benefits. BTW, for the record, I feel mod authors should have the right to opt out of collections.

I expected my contribution to be recognized, even though I've retracted that contribution. I understand why this is not the case, but I do not see why this should be expected.

As for your classification of my choice as "nerd rage", you can stick that where your lower region currently hurts.

Ah, yes. Obviously, this is just a particularly riveting chapter in the life of us narcissistic hobbyists slash raging nerds who just so happen to produce the free creative content this site and its user base so very much detest to rely on. It not like we've been given an honest-to-goodness ultimatum with a deadline. That would be quite absurd.

Honestly did you think mod authors did it in a fit of rage, lmao wow , they did it as its their right and their work and no one, no one should have the right to make them let their work be used in anything they do not want.

So guess it would be ok if you worked for a month on something, paid for software to use to make assets, then spent hours on textures, custom ones made by you then someone comes along and says ok you do not really have any rights to your custom work , we are gonna just give it away to who ever wants to use it and oh btw you have no rights to do a thing with your work anymore not even change something and reupload it without someone doing it for you. Oh yes and btw people who use your work can earn money from it.

Seems you have not lived life and understand consequences correctly. As this is not how it works there was no choices and the only consequences are that nexus is saying our way or the highway and after to be honest these FREE mods have made their business but they think time to move on we want complete control now and we do not really care if you like it or not. We do not care if your mods helped us build up our website, no we just want control now and your feelings your wants no longer count. We do as we please, so in a fit of nerd rage lol no just not gonna let others tell me what I can and cant do with my and if you do not understand that then you need to maybe life a bit more life before you try to tell others how to deal with what they own and created.

No. What I am saying is the attitude of deleting all your mods and then expecting to retain the benefits. BTW, for the record, I feel mod authors should have the right to opt out of collections.

So where did the Nerd Rage come into play? I must have missed that part.

Guest deleted34304850

i think he may have learned that phrase today. he used it in another thread which was a direct attack on my post. dunno what his problem is. i reported him for trolling.

Ladez is one of the key sources of inspiration for this guide. This guide has helped hundreds of New Vegas players combine UI mods. It has been copied several times in various Nexus forums (without any permission but that's no big deal).

My point is, Ladez is a very helpful and moderate person and he never had a nerd rage.

Ladez is one of the key sources of inspiration for this guide. This guide has helped hundreds of New Vegas players combine UI mods. It has been copied several times in various Nexus forums (without any permission but that's no big deal).

My point is, Ladez is a very helpful and moderate person and he never had a nerd rage.

That may in fact be true, but how can he honestly expect to maintain access to a specific sub-community that exists ONLY for Mod Authors who have reached at least 1000 unique downloads or more on the Nexus, if he NO LONGER HAS ANY MODS ON THE NEXUS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THAT REQUIREMENT.

He literally asked for himself to be removed from the equation, and then suddenly expected to be an exception that got special treatment after the fact.

That is one of the most arrogant things I've ever seen and no amount of good will or auxiliary community contribution really offsets that.