Hello mod authors, please stay in touch!

Falina

this thread is so sad, because it was all so f*****g avoidable.

Was it really? It looks like this has been cooking for nigh on two years, and they're obviously not interested in compromise (or discourse, for that matter). At this point, I'm not sure this could have ended any other way.

On topic, authors who leave now, especially non-Bethesda modders, are more or less bound to scatter to the winds. Their profiles are definitely the best place to check up on them, but many (myself included) will probably just stop sharing content altogether. At least for a while.

yes it totally was avoidable. you can make a choice to avoid something, but its obviously the more difficult choice to make with complexity and complexity means additional cost.

c'est la vie.

I am thinkin' that if Nexus had deigned to consult with mod authors, told them what they had in mind, why they were doing it, and actually discussed options with us, this whole thing could have been avoided.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, it is puzzling that mod authors aren't being given a choice to opt out. The quiet from Robin (except for one post in a closed thread) is troubling, as well.

Before this one is closed too, I just wanted to say that I wholly support mod authors in this conflict with Nexus. It's an awful move on their part, and it's kinda hard to believe what my eyes are reading. I've not been very active here (but have endorsed almost all mods I have downloaded), but reading some threads here and there, and on discord, it sounds like this has been coming for a long while, and it's no longer the nice and safe place it once was.

For those who leave, and I hope very many do, please write something in your profile so it's possible to find your material at some other location, if you decide to share it elsewhere of course. I would understand if you don't, as it can't be easy to take these punches on the chin and keep offering FREE content to everybody.

Maybe other sites will pop up in due time, that actually respects the mod creators. I know some have, or are, moving to GitHub. Visibility is of course excellent on Nexus, and won't be nearly the same anywhere else, but sometimes people need to do what feels right, even if it has negative consequences in the near term.

In any case, I support mod authors in whatever you choose to do. The fault isn't yours. You didn't initiate this.

Is it just me, or did a bunch of post just disappear from this thread?

Yes, one or two containing some entertaining speculating.

Hhhmmmm.... I don't ever remember moderation here being quite so heavy-handed..... It seems more things are changing than meets the eye.

And I'd like to ask mod users, not just mod authors, to voice their concerns and opposition in any way they can, here or elsewhere, then maybe we won't be in a situation where you'll have to ask for alternate links.

Otherwise, such requests sound like nothing but a disguised 'so where can we continue to get stuff" (For example, in case of ********, a person who's here from 2009 and so far gave like 9 endorsements to people he supposedly supports, this doesn't inspire belief in sincerity).

To those who think their voice don't matter I will repeat again,

I get your point, but rest assured that was not my intention at all. My own identity or activity on here means absolutely zero really, a few friends of mine are active modders here on Nexus and that's it, we usually communicate outside of the forums (Teamspeak and the likes). Still I feel this recent change affects so many people that I wanted to share my opinion, but as I said I won't dive deeper into the pro / contra discussions since, as you pointed out, my lack of track record would make for weak arguments anyway ;)

Ya. Stuff disappeared. Moderation is indeed weirdly heavy handed these days.