Hello mod authors, please stay in touch!

Falina

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answering your call to stay in touch: my major mod is being hosted at ModDB for the last two years. I initially did it for the competition, I felt that uploading files outside Nexusmods would be better for the modding scene.

I also plan to host smaller files at ModDrop. I have contacted both ModDB and ModDrop and they assured me they will let me delete old files.

I will retain Nexusmods as an option for some old mods, as it now seems a perfect place to archive old material for an eternity.

Answering your call to stay in touch: my major mod is being hosted at ModDB for the last two years. I initially did it for the competition, I felt that uploading files outside Nexusmods would be better for the modding scene.

I also plan to host smaller files at ModDrop. I have contacted both ModDB and ModDrop and they assured me they will let me delete old files.

I will retain Nexusmods as an option for some old mods, as it now seems a perfect place to archive old material for an eternity.

Wow I didn't know about ModDrop! What an awesome concept! They also have modpacks, the same way Nexus is going to implement! I just made an account there! I'm going to upload my mods mainly on GameBanana and ModDrop! Thanks friend for the tip!

Wow I didn't know about ModDrop! What an awesome concept! They also have modpacks, the same way Nexus is going to implement! I just made an account there! I'm going to upload my mods mainly on GameBanana and ModDrop! Thanks friend for the tip!

Did Moddrop changed? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5376390-gmod-is-at-it-again/

Edited by Portucally

Did Moddrop changed? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5376390-gmod-is-at-it-again/

I have no knowledge about it, I just found out!

But just the fact they say "We at ModDrop strongly believe that mod creator's owns their content - Full Stop" same with GameBanana, I'm going to start moving my stuff there. Also that post didn't age well it seems as the path Nexus is taking lol

@Portucally, I have no access to your link.

As long as I can upload files at ModDrop and be sure I can delete them when I want to (and their TOS is pretty clear on that) I'm fine with them being an alternative.

As long as I can upload files at ModDrop and be sure I can delete them when I want to (and their TOS is pretty clear on that) I'm fine with them being an alternative.

Well, I never had heard about it myself. I got it from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6ors8c/moddrop_whats_this_about/

If things have changed, I guess that's good, right?

Either way, I'm just super cautious about a new place after Nexus. I trusted this place and never expected to see something as basic as the right to remove your own stuff removed.

btw, @TheRealAbyssi, Nexus also claim that. We gotta give them that.

Edited by Portucally

Pulling all content and moving to new waters will be the only way to show Mod Authours are the reason this website is anything today. They have gained "donations/money/etc" off the backs of the uploaders. and what ever "DP" they have given was literally making sure the money makers didnt run off. I will gladly look into the website linked for my future mods as i watch this one walk its path of the mighty Iron wall they have made.

"Glory to Arstotzka"

Well, I never had heard about it myself. I got it from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6ors8c/moddrop_whats_this_about/

If things have changed, I guess that's good, right?

Either way, I'm just super cautious about a new place after Nexus. I trusted this place and never expected to see something as basic as the right to remove your own stuff removed.

btw, @TheRealAbyssi, Nexus also claim that. We gotta give them that.

Claiming ok, but if I can't delete how can that be true? In my case my mods have outside licenses, non-transferable licenses, brushes/materials/models etc... Supposedly I delete a mod, Nexus cannot distribute my files anymore, I also I don't know how are they are going to do with IP of other game companies, like those CODW rips, the MA got the permission for the MA to upload and share, if the MA decides to delete the mod, then Nexus will be sharing it, which was agaisnts the permission the MA got.

I've found this about modDrop https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7n20ai/moddrop_apologizes/ soo hummm idk, maybe I'll wait a little, for now just GameBanana for me.