Hello mod authors, please stay in touch!

Falina

Check the authors profile. I, and others provide linkage to our mirror sites.

thanks for reminding me about that, i really appreciate it. i just updated my profile so my interests section lists my mod's new homes in the header (also updated my desktop info that i hadnt updated since joining lmao).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really sad to see what's happening they prefer to see the ship sink than to even try to reach to their community and most importantly to the moders ... I was just a small moder a few texture edits and a combat AI tweak, not a big deal, the sole reason I shared my mods at all was because Nexus made it easy for me to do it, so I just wanted to share my work, seeing the dangerous precedent, I just deleted all my mods, I had some updates and new personal mods I was going to upload once I got my new rig, but now there is no real reason to do so, all this sour predicament made me not willing to share my work anymore, specially seeing how a lot users are showing their true colors, so sad, and all this because they wanted some more money.

It's really sad to see what's happening they prefer to see the ship sink than to even try to reach to their community and most importantly to the moders ... I was just a small moder a few texture edits and a combat AI tweak, not a big deal, the sole reason I shared my mods at all was because Nexus made it easy for me to do it, so I just wanted to share my work, seeing the dangerous precedent, I just deleted all my mods, I had some updates and new personal mods I was going to upload once I got my new rig, but now there is no real reason to do so, all this sour predicament made me not willing to share my work anymore, specially seeing how a lot users are showing their true colors, so sad, and all this because they wanted some more money.

Well, a fair bit of content for various games is going to disappear from here. (or, has, as the case may be) but, Nexus will go on. New authors will come along, upload their stuff here, and here it shall forever remain. There will never be a lack of content here. For the rest of it, some of it is just gone, and some more of it is available elsewhere. The days of Nexus being the central repository for the major mods is over. And they did it to themselves.

Well, a fair bit of content for various games is going to disappear from here. (or, has, as the case may be) but, Nexus will go on. New authors will come along, upload their stuff here, and here it shall forever remain. There will never be a lack of content here. For the rest of it, some of it is just gone, and some more of it is available elsewhere. The days of Nexus being the central repository for the major mods is over. And they did it to themselves.

Exactly! With this move they were hurting their image and their market value extremly. Because quality of content is very important not quantity.

Â

Â

Â

Exactly! With this move they were hurting their image and their market value extremly. Because quality of content is very important not quantity.Â

My guess is that Nexus has put all their money on the Quantity horse. The whole push for collections is a push for quantity. In my opinion there will be an insignificant number from the 'collections crowd' who will go on to become noteworthy mod authors.

The old adage about horses and barn doors does come to mind.

Â

Â

Â

Exactly! With this move they were hurting their image and their market value extremly. Because quality of content is very important not quantity.Â

My guess is that Nexus has put all their money on the Quantity horse. The whole push for collections is a push for quantity. In my opinion there will be an insignificant number from the 'collections crowd' who will go on to become noteworthy mod authors.

Exactly. Even if Nexus changed their minds today, and elected to honor mod authors rights, the damage is already done. Those that have left will NOT be coming back, regardless of any promises from Nexus. More than a decade of Trust got flushed down the toilet.

Â

Â

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Exactly! With this move they were hurting their image and their market value extremly. Because quality of content is very important not quantity.ÃÂ

Â

Exactly. Even if Nexus changed their minds today, and elected to honor mod authors rights, the damage is already done. Those that have left will NOT be coming back, regardless of any promises from Nexus. More than a decade of Trust got flushed down the toilet.

There always was scant chance of me uploading any of my mods that I actually care about (the three mods I requested deletion for were trivial affairs).

I will continue to do my best to help out on the handful of mods that I help out on. What will change is one more troubleshooting question will get added to the usual list ... 'Did you install a collection?'

If the answer to that query is yes I'll simply tell the user to contact the collection creator.