Getting a CTD.

BUCKinFL

OK, I actually played the first mission...where Dad gets killed, and you end up becoming the Pathfinder. So then I am supposed to get on a tram with Cora and Liam. I do that. It cuts to a cutscene and just as the tram comes into view, I get an instant CTD. I assume it's one of the many mods, since most of them did give me the warning they were created for a previous update. I really hate that games keep getting updates long after the modders lose interest in keeping their mod up. Never fails...every time I do this...it happens.

Anyway, onto more constructive thoughts...anyone know if there is a mod known to cause that crash? Would save me time.

Also, is it normal in this game, for a CTD to be caused by mod at just one point in the game...such that you can just shut the mods off...get past that point, save, restart with mods, and then be good, at least for a long while? I mean, up until that point, the game played flawlessly. No bugs, no crashes. I was actually enjoying myself somewhat, muddling about trying to get used to the new aspects. I don't get the impression that it will top the OT in my mind, but I was having fun...in large part due to the awesome mods I loaded up.

Any help will be appreciated.

This CTD is in that same spot, just as the tram comes into view in the tunnel, in the cut scene/loading scene. This is right after becoming the Pathfinder. You, Cora and Liam get on a tram. It cuts to that tunnel the tram goes through, and just as the tram comes into view, it crashes.

So this could be any number of things...but it is in the process of loading that other area in...thus the scene of the tram...to give time for that other area to load in. Not sure which mod would cause that, however. I am also using all of the mods that eliminate the useless, repetitive comments. Like Shut Up Sam, etc.. Maybe one of those is causing it. I have a great computer with a 2080ti...but maybe the ultra settings is the cause. Came played flawlessly...not even a stutter, up to that point.

I may try to just turn all mods off, launch it, get through that scene, save, and then reload with the mods. See if that helps. Might just be that point in the game that's a problem.