Parallax - I need more information and screenshot differences if possible

avidichard

I have installed SSE Parallax Shader Fix (Beta): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31963

I did a fresh install of my Skyrim in Windows 11. I chose to try and understand why I needed this mod so I installed SKSE, ENB and this Parallax Shader Fix. I enabled and disabled the mod and saw absolutely no differences in my game. I did not play through the initial escape so I am still in the first room when Hadvar cuts me loose and I see no differences this mod makes in my visual environement. I also had a moded game before where I was done the initial escape and still, I did not see what differences this fix made.

Could someone please clear me up on what this mod actually does. I found 1 single comparison on a mod and I must say that I was not impressed because I felt that the Parallax fix made things look more flat, less textured and give me a plasticky feel instead of a natural feel to the game (see spoiler for image comparison).

Parallax - OFF

44877-1611716254-1287875333.png

Parallax - ON

44877-1611716254-1483746995.png

So, can someone tell me what Parallax actually does in Skyrim SE, not a Wikipedia link, already checked that. I still cannot find any visual reference in the game as to what this does. Compared screenshots would help me a lot understand too if you can, that would be greatly appreciated.

the parallax shader fix enables the parallax shader in Skyrim SE.

To see the parallax effect you also need textures that support that effect. Vanilla Skyrim doesn’t have them so you need a texture pack like this : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2347

I've already seen this mod but I do not like the textures and there are no comparisons between parallax on and off.

there are other textures. You can do a search on parallax. Also it's better to judge when you're in game, because it is a 3d-effect. You can just install the textures and see if you like it. if you don't you can simply remove them.