DAI mods just not working

jennyrosebud

I have been using frosty and DAI Mods together happily for some time now and was actually playing today but I was trying to get the companion approval mod to work and was having trouble so I looked it up and tried the suggestions, the first one I found was to delete the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder so I tried it and now my DAI Mods will not work. I have tried repairing the game, I merged all my mods again and it merges fine no issues but will not show up in the game. Actually after I first deleted the folder and tried to go back into my game I was playing I kept getting the message saying that I needed a newer version and when I went into the file and increased the number like I have seen in videos to do nothing helped. I have that save in another folder so I didn't loose it (I had just gotten to skyhold) and started another game and still no mods. Please help cause I don't know what else to do.

Edit: I just tried starting the game without the frosty mod manager and they worked fine but if I start the game with frosty then it's a no go, the DAI Mods won't work now with the frosty mod manager

Frosty has it's own package.mft file in the merged mods folder, the ModData folder. Either delete that folder and remerge or change the number in the package.mft file of that folder to increase it. Usually this folder is under C: > Program Files > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > ModData though this may vary depending on the client you have game from and where you installed it.

Edited by Dmitrias

yes I am aware of that, I checked both when I did that. I for some reason don't think I deleted the modData folder, I will try that tomorrow morning and see if that helps or not. this is really frustrating cause I have mods on both that I really like to have when I play but so far when I launch the game using frosty it won't recognize the DAI Mods for some reason and the ones I like the most are on there