Adding Menus to Pipboy?

Hello all!

I've had a idea for a mod floating around in my head for a couple of years for Fallout 4 and I'm taking a break from my UE4 project, so in the mean time, I wanted to get familiar with the new creation kit for Fallout 4. I haven't touched bethesda modding since the Oblivion Construction Set and Fallout 3 GECK, so I am going to be taking the time to learn creation kit and try my hand at modding the game.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for this, but I was looking to add in new menus to the pipboy.

As it is right now, the pipboy is set up as : Stats , Inv, Data, Map, Radio ; and with that, have their own submenu's beneath them. Inv has the Weapons, Apparel, Aid, etc. as the submenu to the pipboy.

Is there a way to add in a new submenu to the inv tab in the pipboy? Like For Instance "Weapons, Apparel, New Menu, Aid, Etc"? I've poked around through the other mods that deal with inventories and hud, like DEF_HuD and FallUI, but they seem to add in a new submenu into a menu, rather than adding in a new menu. For instance, Categorizing Explosives or Melee, into submenu's beneath the Weapon tab. I haven't seen a mod actually add in new integrated menus however as far as I've seen.

The reason I am asking this is because the mod I am looking to create, the items there-in it won't really fit under any of the pre-defined pipboy menus. As well as just wanting to self-contain everything within the mod to try and make it as compatible as possible with everything else.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for doing such, or if not, pointing me towards adding new sub menus through Def_Inv, so at least with that mod, everything could be sorted neatly.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to do custom stuff for the Pipboy, you need something to make SWF files with. Like, Adobe Flash.

Also you will need to take great great care not to render your custom stuff incompatible with other mods that change the Flash stuff. Like HUDFramework or FallUI, for example.