Any way to download mods using wget?

Werne

Well, my wifi signal sucks ever since my router took a beating by the electrical company, I pay for 230V not 185V. :rolleyes: Ever since then my signal breaks every cca 5 minutes, the wireless transmitter shuts down for 2 second then goes back up, which does wonders if I download large files. Not to mention that my download speed varies from 2MB/s to 2kb/s, it can go from one to the other in a second.

While I do have a script executed that will connect me back to the router immediately after WLAN gets up, the downloads will simply stop and I have to download the whole thing all over again. :facepalm:

But then I got an idea crazy enough to work, why not use the wget command since it can resume broken downloads if I append the "--continue" option to it? :woot:

Alas, my joy was short lived. :( You see, in order to be able to download with wget, I need a direct link to the file and I get the link to a server instead. So I can't simply copy/paste the file link into terminal, I have to initiate the download, stop it, copy file information, open a text manager, paste the info there, copy the link and only then can I use it with wget.

To be honest, it's confusing and annoying, half the time I end up pasting the whole file info into terminal which results in a plethora of unpleasant error messages. :pinch: But when I do it right, I can download without a problem. :happy:

So basically, is there a way to get to the direct link to file without doing all of the above or am I on a modding break until I get annoyed enough to buy a new router? I believe I was able to do it in the old layout, not sure though, only thing I'm sure of is that I can't do it now. :(

It sounds as if your router is failing anyway. An extended low voltage can cause overheating and damage components.

Also, many routers use an external power supply - a small wall transformer/voltage converter that converts your line power to a lower voltage DC. Typically 12, 9 or 5 volts. That may be what is actually failing. Check to see if it is getting hot. Some of these have thermal contacts that will open if they overheat, then reset when the temperature drops.