subzero414

I just installed this ENB mod. I forgot it's name but it was a whole project folder so I shoved those in and my Skyrim wouldn't start, then I downloaded ENB Series and it started up.

Then all my textures were blurry. So I removed them both and now it's still like that!

Shall I install HD Textures, will that solve it? Because I believe my PC will be able to run it.

But I just want a fix.

http://i.imgur.com/dBWB4kq.png

http://i.imgur.com/zFWGskZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/qoP6Lz9.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/SUkdU72.jpg

Specs:

8GB RAM

Intel Core i5 Processor

Radeon 6850

500GB HDD

Settings are on Ultra

RAN B(etter)O(blivion)S(orting)S(oftware)

Load Order:

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
ORS_SolitudeGate.esm
SPIKE.esm
WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm
Breaking and Entering.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Character Creation Overhaul.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyTweak.esp
SkyUI.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
TalosCamp.esp
AchieveThat.esp
CCO - Oblivion Carry Weights.esp
CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp
Enhanced 3rd Person Camera.esp
FasterHorses_Sprint_x1_5.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Increased Arrow Damage.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
RichMerchants.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Duel - Combat Realism.esp
DeadlyCombat.esp
DeadlyCombat_HardcoreDamage.esp
DeadlyCombat_NoDamageChanges.esp
DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
DeadlyCombat_UnarmedFix.esp
DeadlyCombat_NoArmorChanges.esp
DeadlyCombat_NoStaminaChanges.esp
DeadlyCombat_NoAttackDistance.esp
DeadlyCombat_NoBlockChanges.esp
dodge.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
Dodge Mod.esp
Eld-unarmedCombat.esp
Fighting Stances.esp
Locational Damage.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
TKcombat.esp
ArcheryDummyXP.esp
CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dawnguard.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
SGHairPack04.esp
SGHairPack06.esp
SGHairPack05.esp
SGHairPack03.esp
SGHairPack02.esp
SGHairPack01.esp
BHWarPaints.esp
XCEMwW.esp
EpicElves by zzjay.esp
LunariRace.esp
TemptressVixen.esp
Vampire Race - Allow Creation.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
DeadlyCombat_PISE_Patch.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
AchillesArmor.esp
DeadlyMutilation.esp
combatfocus.esp
AK- Alternate Actors.esp
MoreBanditCamps(Explorer'sEdition).esp
Project Ultimatum.esp
PCEA No DLC - 0 - All Races.esp
Immersive Falkreath.esp
Immersive Ivarstead.esp
Immersive Karthwasten.esp
Immersive Dragon Bridge.esp
Immersive Darkwater crossing.esp
Immersive Dawnstar.esp
Immersive Kynesgrove.esp
Immersive Shors stone.esp
Immersive Stonehills.esp
Immersive Whiterun.esp
Immersive Rorikstead.esp
Immersive Morthal.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
Immersive Riverwood.esp
The Ningheim.esp
BodyChange.esp

http://i.imgur.com/RUmqX7W.jpg

Edited by subzero414

Looks like when you first improperly installed the ENB (the one whose name you forgot) it added a few filters and settings that have not been properly uninstalled along with the .dll's needed from the base ENB. Without hose .dll's the ENB can no longer function, so you should delete those files from your root folder (Skyrim folder, not Data) and you should go back to normal.

I just about deleted everything I could, I don't know what else I can do with that folder without breaking my game.

EDIT: It was called Seasons Of Skyrim

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23812/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D23812&pUp=1

Seasons of Skyrim ENB Data Folder UPDATE 22,983 unique downloads3,903 downloads3,515kb sizeIncludes More Dynamic Shadows (not required), Dark Dungeons for ENB, Revamped Exterior Fog, CM waterfoam fix, Paper Pack textures, and Fixed Eye Adaptation

Edited by subzero414

I reinstalled twice and it's still the same issue, ENB doesn't stay afterwards too does it?

Also I did have RadeonPro before and I was tweaking around, but I deleted the profile and uninstalled it

and made sure it removed everything else with it.

So I have no idea what to do.

I have a completely vanilla Skyrim and still the same issue.

Oh my that's some serious s#*! you got there...

If you're sure you removed the ENB files (actually you only have to remove d3d9.dll to disable ENB, and the .esp files that come with Seasons of Skyrim as well)...

Can you remove your ini files in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim (Skyrim.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini) or move to other folder if you need a backup? Then in Steam verify your game files. Rebuild your ini's, it will check your other files as well. Please reboot your system as well to rule you gfx card drivers messing about out as well.

Oh my that's some serious s*** you got there...

If you're sure you removed the ENB files (actually you only have to remove d3d9.dll to disable ENB, and the .esp files that come with Seasons of Skyrim as well)...

Can you remove your ini files in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim (Skyrim.ini / SkyrimPrefs.ini) or move to other folder if you need a backup? Then in Steam verify your game files. Rebuild your ini's, it will check your other files as well. Please reboot your system as well to rule you gfx card drivers messing about out as well.

Thanks for the help, but the serious s***, has gone 20x worser.

It has applied to all my games, every single one.

I have removed all drivers, Catalyst Control Center, ran Driver Sweeper, ran CCleaner.

Reinstalled.

And it's still there.

My last resort is reinstalling my whole PC again, only problem is my DVD drive broke a while ago. And

so that leaves me trapped.

Ok... try this;

Reinstall DirectX, 9.0c, 10, 11 (whichever versions you have)

If that doesn't work - because dear mr. MS is being a pain in the bottom for making it an integral part of the system and not allowing you to reinstall it - instead just popping a message "It's already installed, but we didn't check the integrity of it (why? because, that's why) and we assume our software works because we know and you don't....", do you have system restore enabled? Restore the system to a date which you didn't have this issue...

I think something in DX messed up.

Also try to run the application "dxdiag" ...maybe it can tell you what's up.

No, actually once I had deleted the ENB I had got the d3d9 file from the System32 and placed a duplicate in the Skyrim folder.

EDIT: Can't delete DirectX, didn't have any backups (CCleaner deleted them all and before that the latest was around a day old, and it's happened before that) :( Going to run DXDiag and will report back, thanks for all the assistance.

EDIT EDIT: DXDiag was useless

:(

Edited by subzero414

No, actually once I had deleted the ENB I had got the d3d9 file from the System32 and placed a duplicate in the Skyrim folder.

It's not needed .... remove it.

And no you cannot delete DirectX, you can only reinstall it... If that doesnt work, and you messed up DX, your only options are;

1....System restore

2....Reinstall OS

What you can also try perhaps (not sure if that happen) is register the d3d9.dll again with the OS... Make sure the file d3d9.dll (the Windows one, NOT ENB's) exists in both C:\Windows\System32 as well as C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you have 64 bit OS) ... Open a command prompt (As Administrator) and type:

regsvr32 d3d9.dll

If this gives you an error message because you have a 64bit OS, read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282747 and follow instructions.

Reboot the system.

MAYBE (very small maybe) you can download the DirectX d3d9.dll from some website and replace the one in Windows\System32 (and SysWOW64 - if 64bit OS) for the tiny remote chance you accidentally did replace the system's d3d9.dll with the one from ENB and the even smaller chance it will be fixed by doing this.

d3d9.dll fixer

DOWNLOAD: http://www.dll-files.com/dffsetup-d3d9.exe

DESCRIPTION:

Using the d3d9.dll Fixer

1.Download the d3d9.dll Fixer

2.Run the dffsetup-d3d9.exe file that was downloaded.

3.Wait for the installation to finish.

4.After the installation has finished the Fixer will automatically launch (this may take a few minutes if you have an older computer). If you have any security software running on your computer (Comodo, ESET, Norton etc.), you may get warnings saying that DLL-files Fixer is trying to connect to internet and/or make changes to your computer. This is because the Fixer needs to contact our server to download the correct d3d9.dll file, install it in the Windows system folder and then make changes to the Windows Registry. You should allow the Fixer to make these changes, otherwise your problem may not be solved.

5.When the Fixer has installed d3d9.dll on your computer, hopefully, your errors relating to d3d9.dll will be gone! You will be given the option to scan your computer for more errros. We encourage you to do so. The trial version of the Fixer will fix up to 15 additional errors it encounters. You can later upgrade to the full version for only £23.75 to get unlimited error fixing and DLL-file downloads.

ORIGINAL WEBSITE:

I never did fix DX on Vista or 7, only on XP and only version 8 and lower. So I do not have any experience in how to fix the newer versions as they are an integrated part of the OS. So this procedure above I have no experience with and please do it on your own account.

Besides that I think it's time to get a new DVD player and reinstall the OS.

I hope you somehow get out of this, this is about as far as troubleshooting this can go... If you have a similar computer (OS) you could perhaps copy over the dx files (d3d* from system and syswow64 folders) if the version is the same as a last try...

To quote you a bit... This is never a good idea with modified system files...:

"so I shoved those in and my Skyrim wouldn't start"

Next time, read the whole page instead of ending in Windows 7 Ultimate Hell Edition x64 :wink: