subzero414

*sigh* Nothing worked.

It won't let me replace it, I tried the right click > properties > find name > give full control

But it didn't work.

GAH all I wanted was for the bloody game(s) to work.

I'll get the Home Premium x64 download, get the USB tool from Microsoft and see if I can restore it that way.

*sigh* Nothing worked.

It won't let me replace it, I tried the right click > properties > find name > give full control

But it didn't work.

GAH all I wanted was for the bloody game(s) to work.

I'll get the Home Premium x64 download, get the USB tool from Microsoft and see if I can restore it that way.

Ah win7 HP x64, youll need to boot off the CD in safe mode (Recovery) and use console from there, or the d3d9.dll file will be in use by system.

Have you tried with that program as well?

Ah, thanks for all you help.

I booted it using a USB and reinstalled windows completely.

I checked to see if the problem had solved and it looks to be fine.

Although once I got my games again we shall see.

So.

TLDR; Reinstall windows to solve it.

• 6 years later...

DLL Files Fixer Download Various installations or even viruses can damage some important files on your computer. DLL files are libraries of code for the Windows operating system itself, so they are very important. If a DLL file is missing or damaged, you may experience problems using your PC. This small program contains thousands of DLL files so you can easily restore or replace damaged or missing DLL files.

DLL Files Fixer Download Various installations or even viruses can damage some important files on your computer. DLL files are libraries of code for the Windows operating system itself, so they are very important. If a DLL file is missing or damaged, you may experience problems using your PC. This small program contains thousands of DLL files so you can easily restore or replace damaged or missing DLL files.

Correct. At the CMD prompt (with Admin privs) type:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.

• 3 years later...