Hold Position doesn't work!

dburns

I need to throw a switch within a few seconds after another switch is pulled, but the switches are too far apart to run to after the first switch is pulled. Hold position command is not working. so I can't position other companions to pull the switches. Have tried tactical camera but the companions only seem to go a certain distance and then they automatically return to where you are. Is there any solution or are these parts of the game bugged to the point of where the mission can not be completed?

It's been quite a while since I played that portion of DAO, but I've played the entire game over a dozen times and IIRC here's the deal...

1. Yes, "Hold" is borked. It only works until the controlled character moves (a prescribed distance) away.

2. Mission can be completed.

3. Steps (pun intended):

- Position any party member next to a switch (wall torch, floor plate, whatever).

- Immediately issue "Hold".

- Move a DIFFERENT party member to next switch.

- Immediately issue "Hold".

- Rinse-Repeat until you have one party member next to each switch.

- When all are in position, activate the switches by quickly rotating through each character.

Thanks

I need to throw a switch within a few seconds after another switch is pulled, but the switches are too far apart to run to after the first switch is pulled. Hold position command is not working. so I can't position other companions to pull the switches. Have tried tactical camera but the companions only seem to go a certain distance and then they automatically return to where you are. Is there any solution or are these parts of the game bugged to the point of where the mission can not be completed?

Thanks for the help, Thandal. I was beginning to think that mission was going to end like Jaws of Hakkon did. That one was really bad. The game freezes while assaulting the castle. Every time I try and enter the Secret Temple, that is it. I've taken out all mods, updated and repaired the game through Origin, and Jaws of Hakkon just quits on me during the final siege. There is something seriously wrong with that download. Thanks again for the assistance.

@dburns; The JoH can also be completed. Depending on your rig's CPU/GPU/RAM/Video Driver config, the most probable cause for a consistent freeze at the same point when triggering a cutscene is the graphics sub-system. Those (semi-)pre-recorded sections operate differently than the rest of the game since a scripted set of visuals has to be integrated with your IQ and whichever party members you're using at the moment.

Here are a couple of things to check/try:

1. If you installed the "FPS Hak" way back when, remove it.

2. Switch from "Full-Screen" to "Windowed" mode.

3. Reduce the resolution.

Once past the problem point, save and set things back where you want.

Good Luck! :cool: