Some user files tabs with 20+ mods have no or missing pages, and other issues

Faelrin

Edit: Adding the stuff from post #12 down below:

Well testing this with all blocked tags removed (again using AlienSlof's account first), and then sorting by asc fixes it for me (though clicking on the account name from one of the mods below and opening it up in a new tab seems to have the same results of showing the correct number of pages, only if the tag isn't blocked). Adding back just the tag Sexy/Skimpy only for now to test things out again, causes the issue to surface again. Removing it again causes things to work intended either through changing the order of sorting (asc or desc) or right clicking on the name on one of the mods below and opening it up in a new tab again. Doing all of this just on modern Firefox (after clearing all history, cookies, etc, and then signing in) again. Same settings and no addons as before. So it seems all along the issue is tied to the tags? Can anyone else test this out with this particular tab? I may try this in my other browsers but I'm wondering if I actually need to though.

I also went back and tested it with sleepytigereye's profile, and if I leave all tags unblocked, everything works as expected. If I block Sexy/Skimpy only, I get some pages removed. If I go back to blocking all the Skyrim body mods in addition, back to one page for all games.

Can't believe I didn't think to try any of this first. Of course that isn't the most ideal solution either for long term. Edit: To add because ideally I'd like to use the tags to block things while searching through category, but if I click on a mod author's account to see what other mods they did, and just because they may have some mods that I have tags blocked for, it shouldn't be causing the number of pages to break under the profile's user files sections, at least on my end.

However the issue with inconsistent tag blocking still occurs. Checking KURESE's page for example, with the CBBE Bodybase tag blocked (and/or all the other Skyrim body mod tags) should have multiple mods showing up with the message, because several of those have been tagged with that one. But none appear to show up with that message as expected. Back to throwing on just Sexy/Skimpy only and some mods that have it, correctly display the message, but several others do not display it as it should.

Like I said I only tested all this with the modern Firefox for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the results are the same again in my other browsers (on my laptop here and mobile).

Can anyone else test this and confirm if this is happening on their end or not? Thanks.

Original post below:

So this is something I've had an issue with for a bit of time now. I'm not entirely sure why this happens. Could it be something to do with my browser settings? It's extremely inconsistent though.

Some mod author's user files, like AlienSlof for example, that has 90 mods for Oblivion alone, only shows 2 pages for me currently (as I do not have premium only the first 20 mods show per page). However that should mean only 40 mods are visible if there is only 2 pages displaying, versus 5 pages.The only way to see more mods is to sort by asc and desc. This is not the only mod author's user files that I've run into this issue with.

Image to show what's going on:

c1KyNYY.jpg

Another inconsistent example is Gamwich's user files has all 57 Skyrim mods visible to me, with enough pages to browse through them.

KcZ8NEp.png

And while not related to this issue entirely, I've noticed some user files that have tags that I have blocked, still show up as if they were not blocked, while browsing user files on a mod author's profile, while most do. For example, I have the tag Sexy/Skimpy blocked (and several others).

EhD7TtQ.jpg

To give an example, I went to check out KURESE's profile, and user files, the mod R18Pn 09 - Shanoa Armor for UNP CBBEV3 7B should show up with the "This mod contains content that you have blocked in your settings and will not be visible in any of your search results." message covering it but does not, despite having at least one tag I've blocked (though technically more then one). The mod R18Pn 08 - Lingerie Set for CBBE or 7BSeveNBase UNP has the same tag however, and does show up with the message. However attempting to search for either shows no results, as expected. So why is this inconsistent?

C0O2013.jpg

I've checked in both Waterfox Classic and a relatively up to date Firefox, and the issue is consistent across both. Ditto with an older version of Firefox on my android phone. Disabling all browser addons does not correct any of this. OS is Win7 64 bit (which I know is unsupported, but stuck with it for the foreseeable future).

As far as my desktop browsers go, Waterfox Classic is version 2021.06 (20210603161224), Firefox is Firefox 89.0.2 (20210622155641).

Edited by Faelrin

I'm not really sure what to say here. I've tried and I can't replicate the issue (I used Waterfox, but it's basically the same thing). I will say, however, Firefox tends to come with a bunch of "privacy" options that break our site in various ways.

If you change the game selector to "All games" and back to "Oblivion" does it show correctly?

I tried using Edge (which I avoid using if possible) and it would only show 24 total across two pages. Presumably because non-logged in users cannot see the adult related items by default. And logging in to Nexus on Edge bumps the count to 90 but still only shows 2 pages.

On Chrome I cleared all my content blocking tags, still only 2 pages show up. Interestingly when I switch from "oblivion" to "all games" the page count goes to 3 with content blocking off whereas it had been going to 4 with the content blocking on. But then after switching back and forth again it gives a consistent 8 pages with "all games" and 2 pages with "oblivion".

I cleared cache / cookies on Edge, copy pasted the link I posted earlier, 24 mods and 2 pages, logged in, 90 mods and 2 pages. Switched to "all games" for 8 pages. Switched to "oblivion" still 2 pages. Switching back and forth between "all games" and "oblivion" multiple times is now consistent with 8 pages for "all games" and 2 pages for "oblivion".

Personally, I am not that concerned as I look for mods via category rather than author. But thought I'd share my experience nonetheless in the hopes that it might help.

@Faelrin, that's a pretty cool looking Firefox (or Basilisk ?) skin.

For Waterfox Classic it is the default Space Fantasy theme which is available from going to customize and then selecting themes at the bottom. For the modern Firefox I use Space Fantasy Redux.

I've got all five pages of Slof's 90 Oblivion mods on Firefox 89.02

I'm not really sure what to say here. I've tried and I can't replicate the issue (I used Waterfox, but it's basically the same thing). I will say, however, Firefox tends to come with a bunch of "privacy" options that break our site in various ways.

If you change the game selector to "All games" and back to "Oblivion" does it show correctly?

At least it isn't or doesn't seem to be an issue with the browser itself since neither one of you are having this issue with this type of browser. Granted IsharaMeradin is using Chrome and had the same issue (and Edge, which I also tried). Though switching back and forth between Oblivion, All Games, Skyrim, etc does nothing on my end to fix this issue. I changed my tracking settings to be less strict (set to never for tracking protection), have Geolocation enabled, etc, set to accept third party cookies, etc. Still having issues across both.

I even tried it in Microsoft Edge. I think my settings there are default since I only really used it to get my browsers of choice. Signed in. Only seeing 2 pages for Oblivion mods, and 4 pages total for all games. Which is the same thing on my Firefox and Waterfox Classic browsers.

I also uninstalled, and reinstalled and refreshed Firefox so it would use the default settings, with no addons installed. Cleared all history, cache, cookies, etc. Still the same issue after signing in. Again it doesn't happen with every account's files, just certain ones, like hers.

Another user's mod files this happens with is sleepytigereyes for example, but arguably it is even worse here as I only have access to one page (doing it in Edge this time, but the problem persists on all browsers I've used, mobile and on my laptop):

MEAz7Ud.jpg

While I would think it could be an issue with my older outdated OS, but again this is also happening in my phone browsers as well. Tried both in both Chrome and Firefox today. I don't use Chrome much (rarely) so settings are default there. Some examples below (using AlienSlof's user files again):

Only 2 pages for Oblivion mods in mobile Chrome and/or Google:

vpiSUHx.png

Only 3 (or 4) pages for all mods in mobile Chrome and/or Google:

Pozl3Vp.png

Only 3 or 4 pages in mobile Firefox (again this is an older version):

ZQMMHka.png

Could it be something to do with where I'm located too (in PA, US)? Or even an issue with my nexusmods account overall? Or is it something to do with my source of internet connection (such as the router) and/or provider even? Though turning off wifi on my phone and using its network (through Sprint) gives me the same issues so maybe it isn't tied to that...

The inconsistent issue with the tag blocking is still occurring in all browsers and both my phone and my laptop as well.

I'll be trying to dig through my complete nexusmods download history in the next few days to gather some mods I may have missed grabbing to back up, and check as many user profiles and user files I encounter this with (at least those with mods still around), and will add them here as well.

Edited by Faelrin

I am using firefox 89.0.2, and Alienslof shows 158 files, spread over 8 pages. I don't think I am filtering search results by any tags. Security settings are pretty much the default, but, I am not accepting third party cookies.

I'm on Edge and in Alienslof's profile if I look at "Oblivion" I get 5 pages which would cover all 90 files, but if I look at "all games" I only get 3 pages which is only 60 of 158 files.

However, if I change the sort order to "ascending" I get 8 pages and all the files. Changing the "sort by" option seems to have fixed it for all the options.