TheMatsjo

I have found the mod that lets you wear hats and circlets at the same time. It's called Hoods and Circlets: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5186/?

I recommend you use the esp only version. Since the mod is rather old (January 2012), I would also suggest you load it in the Creation Kit as an active file, don't make any changes, and then just save. This will update the version to a more recent one which will bring you more stability. Also, if you're using the unofficial skyrim patch, you might want to suggest making a small compatibility patch, since they both alter some records.

Kind regards

Andre

Your mod list is looking good. The only thing I'd change out of personal preference is to replace Climates of Tamriel with RCRN. I've found RCRN to do the same job as CoT but better as well as a ton of other things. In conjunction with ANY lighting mod I would recommend using Imaginator and its separate MCM menu. Imaginator allows you to adjust lighting effects similar to the way you would adjust older tv's (you know, like color, tint, brightness, etc.) only in way specific to the Skyrim engine. Definitely worth having if your computer can't handle an ENB.

I have another mod recommendation for you, something I saw your list was lacking, but just by recommending it I'd be spoiling part of the Companions questline. Since this is your first play through I wouldn't want to do that without giving you that choice so, do you want my recommendation?

Edited by Biohazard186

If you're planning on taking followers, this mod is in my opinion a must have:

Dragon mods. Vanilla dragons were a little bit too easy for my taste. So that's why I use these mods to make them more diverse and challenging. I use all 3 of them, it makes them very difficult, maybe a little bit too difficult for some though.

They're all compatible and if you decide to use all 3, then I would recommend the following:

• Of all Dragon mods, put Deadly Dragons FIRST in your load order
  • Enhanced Mighty Dragons: take "ERSO 03 - Mighty Dragons DD.esp", "ERSO 03.3 - Mighty Dawnguard Dragons.esp" and "ERSO 03.4 - Mighty Dragonborn Dragons.esp" and put them in this order in your load order and AFTER Deadly Dragons
  • Put Dragon Combat Overhaul AFTER the previous dragon mods in your load order. (Load the Dance of Death mod AFTER this mod)

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Andre

Edited by AndrealphusVIII

I have found the mod that lets you wear hats and circlets at the same time. It's called Hoods and Circlets: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5186/?

That's the one! Damn though, Creation kit, compatibility patches, I'm going to have to do some reading to get some of this stuff to work. I'll need to figure out if this'll clash with any textures mods or Cloaks of Skyrim; probably fine thought. Thanks for hunting it down!

Your mod list is looking good. The only thing I'd change out of personal preference is to replace Climates of Tamriel with RCRN. I've found RCRN to do the same job as CoT but better as well as a ton of other things. In conjunction with ANY lighting mod I would recommend using Imaginator and its separate MCM menu. Imaginator allows you to adjust lighting effects similar to the way you would adjust older tv's (you know, like color, tint, brightness, etc.) only in way specific to the Skyrim engine. Definitely worth having if your computer can't handle an ENB.

I have another mod recommendation for you, something I saw your list was lacking, but just by recommending it I'd be spoiling part of the Companions questline. Since this is your first play through I wouldn't want to do that without giving you that choice so, do you want my recommendation?

Much thanks, I'll look at RCRN. What I like about CoT is its compatibility with many other mods, and the emphasis on deep darkness. I also love me some aurora. I'm getting really flustered by the all visual mods by now though, I just want some nicer textures, character models, lighting and skies (also Get Snowy), I didn't think it would be this hard. I've been given to understand that Imaginator can lead to instability if I keep tinkering with it, but if I just do it right the first time I'll probably be okay.

About the mod recommendation; I've already experienced spoilers, and it's just the price of setting up the game with this many mods I think, so by all means tell me please!

If you're planning on taking followers, this mod is in my opinion a must have:

Dragon mods. Vanilla dragons were a little bit too easy for my taste. So that's why I use these mods to make them more diverse and challenging. I use all 3 of them, it makes them very difficult, maybe a little bit too difficult for some though.

They're all compatible and if you decide to use all 3, then I would recommend the following:

• Of all Dragon mods, put Deadly Dragons FIRST in your load order
  • Enhanced Mighty Dragons: take "ERSO 03 - Mighty Dragons DD.esp", "ERSO 03.3 - Mighty Dawnguard Dragons.esp" and "ERSO 03.4 - Mighty Dragonborn Dragons.esp" and put them in this order in your load order and AFTER Deadly Dragons
  • Put Dragon Combat Overhaul AFTER the previous dragon mods in your load order. (Load the Dance of Death mod AFTER this mod)

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Andre

I'm not going to use any Followers if I can help it, only if I get stuck on something like a dragon because I have a lack of ranged attacks might I consider it. I really hate that they alert me to nearby enemies all the time. Also, thanks for the tips for dragons, I think I'm going to stick with Deadly Dragons, mayyybe add Dragon Combat Overhaul, but for me the main draw isn't killing dragons, judging by GopherVids current let's play I should have plenty of trouble with Deadly Dragons by itself ;D.

Definitely did,

Matthias

Would still love to hear that recommendation ;).

In any case; to solve my visual meandering, I thought I d just get systematic on the problem:

1. get the Skyrim HD DlC

2. install Skyrim HD Lite from the Nexus

3. Then amend the following elements:

Lighting:

Meshes: Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Weapons & Armor: aMidianBorn Book of Silence

Player: XCE, RaceMenu, Apachii SkyHair & Fitness Body

Water: Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux

Weather: Wet and Cold

???

4. Scrounge around for any other elements I d want to change.

5. Hapyy faic.

Sound good? Missing stuff?

Alright: last attempt; what recommendation did you have for me?

Cheers,

Matthias