Kickstarter game Frontiers

zarosio

Hi I have spotted a kickstarter for the game called Frontiers it appears to be an open world adventure game focusing on exploration (it reminds me a bit of TES series). One of the stretch goals is full mod support so I thought it would gather a bit of interest here.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/railboy/frontiers-explore-discover-survive

What do you think?

Very interesting indeed. It does have that old skool Daggerfall feel, but the graphics are obviously superior (about on par with Oblivion probably).

Yer I think it looks good especially for a one man team. I have already backed it. I just watched the two video updates paths 101 and survival 101. Seems like it has some interesting mechanics in play. In one of the videos I watched he said it would be relatively simple to add a whole new region in a mod or something so that could be a huge plus for further adventures (provided someone was able to put enough effort into a mod of this level).

hmm. i wouldnt consider myself into that type of game, exploring and reading lore (except for FO3 cause i love the lore) but this might be something id be interested in. its sort of like minecraft in that you just explore and live (and occasionally fight) but obviously much different then it too. i might just back this. for $15 i get the game, seems like a good deal, even if i dont like it not much lost.

ill keep an eye on it. once its near the end i might pitch in the $15.

Don't get too ahead of yourself mate, you're a long way off beating ES at their own game. Nonetheless, this has a lot of potential. Good luck with it.

the only reason i havent dished outt he $15 is cause im not really sure if the game is for me. adventuring does sound like fun, but it also sounds like it would get boring (for me) pretty fast. like i said, i compare it to minecraft, but there is no building stuff, which kinda stinks. it would be fun to gather wood and mine, then build your own house or lair. im temped to just pitch in the $15 as a "oh what the hell, just go for it" but part of me is holding back, even though its so cheap, just because im so unsure. then again, maybe ive over thinking it. haha well i got 19 days to decide anyways. maybe by then they will have reached some more stretch goals and it will help me decide.