help with mo2 and sseedit

PhantomGrimmace

im pretty new to mo2 and totally relied on vortex last time i modded. since then ive deleted vortex, skyrim, and everything to do with them. a lot of my mods say through loot that they need to be cleaned so i tried to use sseedit. ive followed tons of tutorials and always did it to step and ran edit through mo2 but edit will create a path C:\Users\Grimm\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition when i dont even have skyrim/edit/or even mo2 installed on my c: drive. mo2, skyrim/skse, and ssedit are in there own folders on my D: drive and no matter what i do my edit has always created a folder in the wrong drive and pretended that there were mods in there. ive reinstalled edit like ten times and tried fixing the folders. i didnt forget to run the game through skse64 on mo2. from all the videos and reddits ive gone through it seems ive downloaded it and have been using it right but i need to change the path that edit uses to find my mods but i havent been able to find any way to do that even changing the binary and "start in" thingy in the mo2 executable. any help would be great really!

Edited by PhantomGrimmace

If you use xEdit in combination with MO2, you run it from MO2 and not as a standalone program. MO2 will "feed" then xEdit with all necessary data through the Virtual File System. What that means is, you must tell the correcct paths to the game, your downloads and your mods to MO2 (in the configuration menu) and not to xEdit. MO2 will take care for all these aspects and handle the mods you want to use.

Don't worry about the files in C:\Users\Grimm\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition path that xEdit creates, this is a necessary step to run the program and will always point to "...Users\.....\AppData" folder wherever Windows created it. If you look over the folders in this directory, you will notice that probably EVERY program on your PC has left a trace there.