Pink Screen Archive Invalidation problem

Cleverbrain

This may be the worst game I've ever tried to play. Crash after crash, freeze after freeze, infinite load screen after infinite load screen I've been inching my way through this piece of crap game, five to thirty minutes at a time.

I have a brand new system fyi. 8-core AMD, 16gb RAM, Radeon 7950 - plays Bioshock and Skyrim on ultra, smooth as glass. Windows 8

Since I've started I've been getting these random black textures when I enter new areas and shortly after, CTD. It got way less frequent when I got out of Goodsprings, I cant even enter the Saloon there anymore. I already invalidated the archive, but I read a fix suggesting I go into FOMM, uncheck invalidate, then recheck it. I did it and it removed the invalidated bsa and changed the ini without changing it back. Now none of the new textures worked. Great time waster.

sooo...

I go back into the Fallout ini, Falloutpref ini, and Fallout Default ini and change the values following the directions. I drop the bsa in the Data folder and when I run FOMM launch...

Pink Screen of Death, C back TD

While messing with it I noticed FOMM was adding a bsa called Fallout - AI! ...this may have had something to do with the PSOD as it may have been left in the data folder when I was trying to stick everything back in.

now anything I try I get PSOD. I am seriously almost done trying to fix this game. Any last suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I take a hammer to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Exact same problem here, except I used the NMM archive invalidator. And were you using the FO3 manual archive invalidator?

This may be the worst game I've ever tried to play.

This may be an extremely buggy game, but once it finally just works it will make you get attached

Edit: It's deffinately got something to do with the archive, my game had a fresh install recently and I have yet to activate any mods. Changing the archive thingie was the only thing I did. When I got the pink screen I deleted fallout, fallout prefs, fallout default .ini's and the fallout.exe, added them back and no pink

I'm troubleshooting for the direct cause still.

Edited by Tayot84

Think I finally got it fixed. the screen refused to unpinkify no matter what I changed so I copied my fallout nv folder and my saves to a safe spot and did a complete uninstall/reinstall. replaced the fallout folder and saves, and made sure all 3 ini files matched after doing the archive invalidate manually. Stayed out of FOMM, didn't touch it. Also began running the game thru Fallout 4gig- everything running smooth, no more black texture ctd's and far far fewer random crashes

Could please help by telling me what to do, I have no idea how to even start witk this game...

Yesterday I bought Fallout NV: Ultimate Edition. I've installed it and launched and this is what happens:

The sreen goes pink for like 2 seconds. After that i can see developers "introduction" bethesda, obsidian etc. then the screen goes pink again and after few second it changes into main menu screen but without possibility of choosing any option (like new game, load etc) The mouse is active an if i slide it over the menu options it highlights it with yellow rectangle.

The game is UNMODDED. Nothing else than the original FNV:UE is installed or has been tinkered with.

My system is:

Win 7 Proffesional

Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4,5Ghz
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Intel Z77
16GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX 1600 Dual Channel
ASUS nVidia GTX 670 2GB DCUII

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Spartan since yours has no mods, i suggest the usual solution for solve

go to steam, right click on fallout in your library, properties, local files, validate files.

after that luanch fallout with the fallout launcher.exe as administrator (if you don't know where the exe is just use search)

Edit: Rabbi I think we have been the victims of an unupdated automatic archive invalidator, I made sure NMM was unused and made a manual invalidate

Edit 2: I can't seem to find any invalidator that will work

Edited by Tayot84

I ran the validation process and got message:

1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired

In the downloads I see that some file has been downloaded.

Restarted steam ran validation again and got the same message:

I deleted all the local files from my pc and redownloaded the game, with just the same effect of pink screen and no menu and "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired"

The reaquired file is probably the same because it has 448 bytes each time

Running the game as admin didn't help

When it says they failed to validate, that means it found the problem and is going to fix it.

Delete in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas

FalloutNV.exe

Fallout_default.ini

And delete in: C:\Users\Ubety\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV

Fallout.ini

FalloutPrefs.ini

Then do the the validate files thing with Steam again, DO NOT RESTART STEAM

Leave it alone for 3 minutes then start up fallout through the launcher again as administrator

Thank you for your quick reply. The problem is resolved. My version is engplczru and I tried to play it in english, when I changed game language to polish and launched the game steam dowloaded some files and bam the game runs just fine. So I changed the land back to eng steam did some downloading again and the game runs just fine:D

• 6 years later...

I ran the validation process and got message:

In the downloads I see that some file has been downloaded.

Restarted steam ran validation again and got the same message:

I deleted all the local files from my pc and redownloaded the game, with just the same effect of pink screen and no menu and "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired"

The reaquired file is probably the same because it has 448 bytes each time

Running the game as admin didn't help

Ty Tayot84 that took care of the pink but sot a crash after a bit before menu loaded am trying turn of the auto invalidater in Vortex will see what happens & will let you know

When it says they failed to validate, that means it found the problem and is going to fix it.

Delete in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas

FalloutNV.exe

Fallout_default.ini

And delete in: C:\Users\Ubety\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV

Fallout.ini

FalloutPrefs.ini

Then do the the validate files thing with Steam again, DO NOT RESTART STEAM

Leave it alone for 3 minutes then start up fallout through the launcher again as administrator

Sorry clicked on wrong quote tab Tayot84 see my comment just above this ty