Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Guest deleted34304850

so heres the thing - a collection is a list of mods - right?

so if one item of the llist is missing why does it break everything?

no verbose yet content free answers please - just answer that question.

From a technical point of view it wouldn't break anything. From the business point of view it would at least endanger the new cash cow model. To know, to have 27 million users, only a small percentage of whom are willing to subscribe, must be terrible for them.

to be honest, i only put that reply up because i know that it won't get answered. its been asked in so many other posts, and ignored, or, answered with verbose responses that contain many words, all of them eloquent, but utterly devoid of anything that comes close to an answer.

i see it as a game now - any time a word salad response is put up, ask that question and see if it gets answered.

so far the answer count is 0.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in someone curating my mods or in bundles. As Nexus has been such a critical part of my gaming for so long, I am really disappointed. I would offer for consideration allowing mod authors to opt out to ensure that we can maintain the quality of products for your customers. Again, my perspective, is that this move is tailored for novices at the expense of us older, experienced games.

I'm with you. I have no interest in Collections either and prefer to create my own mod experience. I don't really care that Nexus is getting into Collections/curated modlists, or whatever, but I do care that a lot of my favourite mods are being taken offsite.

I've tried to read some posts on the reasoning behind why opt-out was not an option, but it seemed to really come down to, "because we said so". I can think of a number of ways opting out can work, for example, opting out means your mod will never be used in any Collection and therefore will not matter whether or not it gets deleted.

And if it's a matter of money, I don't mind paying another nominal fee (like the one to remove ads) to have access to opted out mods or the old system. Honestly I'd like anything, really, except this completely fractured system we see coming up in August.

If you dislike your "favorite" mods being removed.

May I suggest blame the person that is removing them?

The mod author.

Everyone knows why opt-out was not option its cause the modders have in the past and likely will in future throw fits and remove mods at whim notice.

Breaking entire mod lists with maybe even specialized mods made for that "mod collection" / "mod pack"

So it prevents them from doing what they are known for doing throwing tantrums (what is this the 1000th thread on this?), holding the website hostage or other authors hostage and breaking other peoples hard work.

I mean nexus mod authors are known for threatening lawsuits for making mod reviews... imagine if hollywood or restaurants did that.

There is the only reason you need to know why it had to be done.

Now go enjoy the sunny summer months.

Edited by TexMex477

Guest deleted34304850

no, you are showing your ignorance and entitlement.

the correct answer is blame those who have acted in a hideously deceitful manner and put everyone in a position of no choice. that's not the users, nor the mod authors. can you guess who's left in this three way?

The mod author.

Everyone knows why opt-out was not option its cause the modders have in the past and likely will in future throw fits and remove mods at whim notice.

Breaking entire mod lists with maybe even specialized mods made for that "mod collection" / "mod pack"

So it prevents them from doing what they are known for doing throwing tantrums, holding the website hostage or other authors hostage and breaking other peoples hard work.

I mean nexus mod authors are known for threatening lawsuits for making mod reviews... imagine if hollywood or restaurants did that.

Because of people like you I know that removing all mods was the right and only decision. Everything else would have been worthless

The mod author.

So it prevents them from doing what they are known for doing throwing tantrums, holding the website hostage or other authors hostage and breaking other peoples hard work.

Because of people like you I know that removing all mods was the right and only decision. Everything else would have been worthless

Good

Enjoy your life!

Hope you can find activity or hobby that you enjoy doing since it isn't making modifications to commercial games free for others.

Edited by TexMex477

the correct answer is blame those who have acted in a hideously deceitful manner and put everyone in a position of no choice. that's not the users, nor the mod authors. can you guess who's left in this three way?

Good

Enjoy your life!

Hope you can find activity or hobby that you enjoy doing since it isn't making modifications to commercial games free for others.

Actually now that my mods have been removed the only thing that will change for me is that now there are three less mod pages for me to check for comments/problems.

All of the mods that I have worked on for years and that I care about will still get the updates and improvements that I have planned, and the same as before all this stuff occurred they will never be available to anyone but me.

People like you are the ones that originally convinced me that sharing was not something I'd do with mods I cared about, and you have just shown me that I'm on the proper course.

Good

Enjoy your life!

Actually now that my mods have been removed the only thing that will change for me is that now there are three less mod pages for me to check for comments/problems.

All of the mods that I have worked on for years and that I care about will still get the updates and improvements that I have planned, and the same as before all this stuff occurred they will never be available to anyone but me.

People like you are the ones that originally convinced me that sharing was not something I'd do with mods I cared about, and you have just shown me that I'm on the proper course.

Okay?

So ...? What were you trying to tell me that you have private mods like me and others do?

Â

Â

Good

Enjoy your life!

Â

Okay?

So ...? What were you trying to tell me that you have private mods like me and others do?

Yes, and that there is and always has been zero percent chance of me sharing those thanks to the entitled people of the world.

Okay?

Yes, and that there is and always has been zero percent chance of me sharing those thanks to the entitled people of the world.

So you do not plan to share yet you have to make sure everyone knows you are not sharing... got it.

Anything else you want to tell me you are not going to do?

*Wow that reply quote getting huge going to trim it bit.

Edited by TexMex477

Â

The mod author.

To borrow a line from Paul Harvey ... "Now we know the rest of the story".

Whether or not my private mods have any import to anyone else has no significance for me.

All that matters to me is whether or not I'm following a course of action that aligns with my own standards and beliefs.

My standards and beliefs do not align with yours in the slightest way.