Ever increasing CTD on savegame load / area load

emersonrp

You asked why we have not debated OR? We have debated it at several threads and I do not use it. I did tried the OR Light and I had some white meshes so I did flush it and I tested it to see if it was any good alternative to OR. So if you want to know what most here thinks about OR, then check the threads but I do think not many here is using it, if any at all of those active at this forum for different reasons.

Some of my followers turned white and it was enough for me... I tested it for one single reason and it was to see if it might be something we can suggest instead of OR as that one seems to pop up in threads time to time.

• 1 month later...

Save size/bloat does not mean or correlate to corruption

In Oblivion, autosaves are completely broken leading to save corruption. Adding plugins will make this happen faster. There is no fixing a corrupted save. You must disable all autosaves (travel, wait, interior -> exterior, and scripted)

Also in Oblivion, loading a save while in game will lead to save corruption, making quicksaves functionally useless. You should always, at a minimum, return to main menu before loading a save. This again will get worse with more plugins

If you load from a corruptable save type, the corrupting data will still be around for a new clean save to get infected. This means the only option is manual/hard saves. There are a couple save mods that replicate autosaves/timed saveis wasdasd

This deserves repeating -- and I may need to look at some of these autosave mods myself! I do a lot of saving lol.