Hunting Rifle or Revolver Mod Request

VGMKubed

Hello! I have a mod request that adds a modern-day sort of hunting rifle, similar to a 30-AUT6 Rifle, or a simple Revolver, similar to a .44 Magnum.

Now, I know a lot of you will have instant objections to this, saying that "guns don't fit the Skyrim Lore" or that "guns are too modern for a game like Skyrim", or even that "since there is magic, there is no need for technological advancement into the field of projectile-firing weaponry". I have seen this in many cases. And a lot of people just say that they don't want guns, so don't make a mod for it. I have a few objections to these.

1) It would be a mod, meaning that it isn't a complete addition to the game by Bethesda. It is optional. You don't NEED to install it if you don't want it.

2) Guns (that I'm talking about) don't fit with the Lore of the world of Tamriel or Skyrim, but so what? What if you want to Role Play out in the wild, like Modern Hunting in a really high-quality and great preformance game? Skyrim can be edited in many ways to fit what people want to do. I mean, I'm playing with a Modern Zombies mod at the moment for god's sake. I would like at least one Modern Gun to kill them with.

3) Magic is cool, yes. I am a complete mage whenever I start a new character in the game. But sometimes magic gets a little old, and the only other projectile-firing weaponry are the bows and crossbows (again, really sick). But (other than magic) I don't believe that there are enough shooting weapons in the game. There is the mod that has the Dwemer Rifles and such, and they do fir better with the Lore (which is what many of you want), but I want a mod that adds a high-quality, modern hunting rifle for out-in-the-wild role playing.

You can say that you don't want guns in Skyrim. But that's your personal opinion. I, for one, would welcome some modernized weaponry to the game, because I often want to role play and not follow the main story line. I think shooting Alduin to death with an AK-47 and an RPG-7 would be rediculously stupid, agreed. But I would still like to see just a simple rifle that is semi-automatic, even bolt-pulled, added as a mod that is available for download.

Please take into consideration my reasoning for wanting a hunting rifle or revolver mod for the game. Thank you very much! ^-^

I believe its possible.

Perhaps firearm textures, animations, sounds can be extracted from FNV. I know for projectiles in CK there's still the "Missile" option which is used for bullets and you can make them supersonic if you so chose.

Its probable as well that someone could even make a Bound Rifle spell.

Besides the lore break, which is minuscule at best of a problem you're biggest issue will be the getting the textures, animations and sounds of the firearms into skyrim.

Unfortunately, its beyond my head. Goodluck.

Ahem, More request and less ranting about why this request is perfectly valid? (No pun intended. Just a bit funny that request is one sentence and then there's boatload of text about why it's valid to request this.)

Some pictures would have been nicer. Maybe a bit ideas about how to do it.

Ghosu already made Musket/blunderbuss mod for Skyrim, which is really amazing mod in my opinion. I love those, I just wish I'd have the.. motivation to distribute those around.
Thus, the guns aren't too far fetched.

I'm personally still waiting for some kind of RPG that would feature guns and magic.

@ SeraphimKensai
Curses. Now my font is fancy. Anyway, "
Perhaps firearm textures, animations, sounds can be extracted from FNV"
There's simply NO way to do that. Skeletons are different, games are different. If it'd succeed it'd be copyright issue.
CK still has many options that are intended for fallout, however, none of those have functions anymore.

Thanks for the ideas guys. As for how this might be done, I am not sure. I am not a texturer or a modeler, or a coder, so this is beyond my reach. That's why I am requesting that someone make it. I could learn to do these things, and help if need be however.

And about the "ranting about why it is legit", it wasn't ranting. If I simply said "I wand a mod that adds a modern-day gun", people would get all up on me about the things that I stated before.