No audio for my custom voiced dialogue

Vai1lyn

Hi!

I am currently creating a mod which aims to completely overhaul the Bosmer race. Among other things, one of the features is new greeting (HELO) dialogue.

I basically want that more NPCs react to the player being a Bosmer, having custom greetings when starting conversations.

I implemented this using quests, currently I have

* BOReactionBosmer1 (for voice type MaleSlyCynical)

* BOReactionBosmer2 (for voice type MaleBrute)

These quests have an associated dialogue topic, namely

* BOReactionDialogueBosmer1

* BOReactionDialogueBosmer2

Currently, BOReactionDialogueBosmer1 has a HELO dialogue entry with formID FE0008BC and index 1, and BOReactionDialogueBosmer2 has an entry FE0008BE and index 1.

I have generated FUZ files from WAV and lip, and my audio structure is as follows:

Data

'-- sound

'-- voice

'-- bosmeroverhaul.esp

'-- MaleBrute

| '-- BOReactionBosmer2_BOReactionDialogueBosmer2_000008BE_1.fuz

| '-- BOReactionBosmer2_BOReactionDialogueBosmer2_000008BE_1.lip

'-- MaleSlyCynical

'-- BOReactionBosmer1_BOReactionDialogueBosmer1_000008BC_1.fuz

'-- BOReactionBosmer1_BOReactionDialogueBosmer1_000008BC_1.lip

When I jump ingame, and talk to NPCs having the voice types above, the dialogue topic gets successfully triggered. I see the correct subtitle for the greeting. However, I don't have any audio, the NPC is completely mute in the dialogue sequence.

What have I missed here? Shoudn't this be the correct audio paths according to the Creation Kit Wiki?

I have created the mod using SSEEdit. I have generated a .SEQ file, and set the quest flag that it is started at game boot (which it did, else the subtitles wouldn't have appeared).

I have also tried using the source .WAV file instead of the .FUZ, but it didn't fix it.

Thanks for any advice!

Greetings!

Edited by Vai1lyn

I have found the issue, and fixed it!

The creation kit docs say that the voice filename is generated as follows:

<QuestID>_<TopicID>_<LineFormID>_<LineNumber>

However, this is not the entire truth! If you have long Editor IDs for quest and topic, the creation kit will split the IDs. For the quest ID, only the first 10 characters appear in the name, and for the topic ID, only the 15 first characters.

So, in my above case, it would be:

BOReaction_BOReactionDialo_000008BE_1.fuz

BOReaction_BOReactionDialo_000008BC_1.fuz

Hopefully, a fellow SSEEdit user with the exact same problem will find this thread somewhere in the future :D