Lip File Not Triggering?

OneOnOne1162

Hey everyone,

I'm rather new to adding voiced dialogue to my mods and I tried to add some dialogue for Maven Black-Briar. Everything was going fine until I got to the point of generating the lip file.

I managed to generate (From Wav) it but it doesn't actually do anything in game. Also, I thought this might be worth noting, when I listen to the actual .wav file in the Voice folder under FemaleUniquMaven there's no sound in there either. But in game the sound does play from the original source (a .wav file in the fx folder).

I think it has to do with the fact that the "voice file" is different from the "sound file" that I have selected. The "sound file" has the actual voice audio.

Anyone have any idea what the problem here is and how I could get the lip sync to work?

Edit: I figured out how to do this. I'm leaving this up in case anyone else has this problem. Apparently adding them through the "sound file" was a bad idea. Instead I generated an empty sound file through saving nothing. That voice file got a title. Then I took the .wav file I actually wanted as the voice. I deleted the empty voice file and retitled the .wav file I actually wanted to use with the same name as the deleted voice file. I then generated a lip file. And then it worked perfectly.