my fallout 3 on laptop windows 10 not working.

dude, thank you so much. everything is working like clockwork...well so far. my expansion packs won't work. i have the physical case goty edition and when i put my disc 2, it just freezes when i try to click on the autoplay's folder of just running the install.

i'm also using wrye bash but with fallout 3 and still no expansion pack. i'll start over if i have to just to install the expansion packs if i have to. for now, i'm just gonna enjoy myself.

thank you so much jimbouk.

i'm gonna try to clean my disc 2 cd by blowing on it and cleaning it with my shirt for now.

seriously, if i can't get any expansion packs...well, i use cheats anyways.

any help would be appreciated. thanks, for all your guys' help. i get to experience one pack which is the original at least.

since there only windows 10 computers and things like that i guess. i was wondering if a alienware computer can play fallout 3...with cheats...many of them. lol. let alone the mods i get. because it freezes with my many cheats and i mean many. like maxed out everything. would a alienware computer do it or which laptop? if anybody knows, i'll do it just to play fallout 3 and fallout new vegas old school style, you know what i mean? any answers, i would appreciate it. it did work though. thanks to cowboyblues.

I am curious ? you said " sorry if i have been a pain but yeah...i wanna play fallout 3 pc English." <---- leads me to believe your running Microsoft versions of Fallout 3 GOTY ? Is that correct ?

​Model ID of the hardware please. OR an exact web link to what you own as the laptop suggests.

If the machine has anything Intel related in it? I know what's wrong.

If it is what I suggested "a Microsoft version ? " I know what's wrong and what to do about it.

​Please respond. I'll help you.

Kitty Black

so basically, i have the physical copy fallout 3 goty. the original landmass is working meaning only the original fallout 3 without the expansion packs just fine so far as far as i know.

all i know that on the top of the case says "games for windows LIVE." it a "PC DVD." i thought disc 2 would work but it doesn't therefore i don't know how to play the expansion packs at all.

since there only windows 10 computers and things like that i guess. i was wondering if a alienware computer can play fallout 3...with cheats...many of them. lol. let alone the mods i get. because it freezes with my many cheats and i mean many. like maxed out everything. would a alienware computer do it or which laptop? if anybody knows, i'll do it just to play fallout 3 and fallout new vegas old school style, you know what i mean? any answers, i would appreciate it. it did work though. thanks to cowboyblues.

I am curious ? you said " sorry if i have been a pain but yeah...i wanna play fallout 3 pc English." <---- leads me to believe your running Microsoft versions of Fallout 3 GOTY ? Is that correct ?

​Model ID of the hardware please. OR an exact web link to what you own as the laptop suggests.

If the machine has anything Intel related in it? I know what's wrong.

If it is what I suggested "a Microsoft version ? " I know what's wrong and what to do about it.

​Please respond. I'll help you.

Kitty Black

so basically, i have the physical copy fallout 3 goty. the original landmass is working meaning only the original fallout 3 without the expansion packs just fine so far as far as i know.

all i know that on the top of the case says "games for windows LIVE." it a "PC DVD." i thought disc 2 would work but it doesn't therefore i don't know how to play the expansion packs at all.

Secur Rom will not be allowed to be installed IF you are using windows 10. That's why it refuses to load the CD rom second disc.

It requires windows XP to use the second CD in the Case version to extract the data.

Not gonna happen on windows 10.

Your best bet is GOG on the net or steam.

Sorry I can't legally help you break it.

How ever, you can use the VM capability to install windows XP in a VM and then install the game to obtain the DLC packs. Copy them, the whole game to a USB drive and dump the VM

That is. I repeat IS the only Legal way to use your disc's. On the PC .

And still, Windows 10 may catch it and then no game.

I hope that help you understand what's going on. Once securom is installed? you need to ger their removal tool on their web site to remove that code from your PC.

So there it is. Good luck.

I had the problem of not being able to install the DLCs with Windows Vista until a friend said to boot in Safe Mode with networking. I was then able to install the DLCs without a problem. This also worked when I changed my OS to Windows 7. Have you tried that?