Radeon HD 7950 Boost VS. VGA GeForce GTX 760 4096MB

Hey Nexus!

Figuring to buy a new one for all zeees mods! :P

?? Radeon HD 7950 Boost VS. VGA GeForce GTX 760 4096MB ??

760 4Gig not even really out yet, but these 4Gigs really make me :geek:

the 7950 has 3Gig, nice thing too especially considering its AMD.. hehe

What do you people think about Nvidias Ambient Occlusion in Skyrim?

Im just curious to hear some opinions!

So thanks you for any input!

Regards

Although it doesn't do well at resolutions over 1920*1080

Well, thats interesting..

Probably because most 760 only have 2GB?

You know anything about how it works out with more than one monitor in desktop mode?

Regards

It is not like it won't play games at higher resolutions, but you would have lower the quality settings.

I don't think it has anything to do with the vram the GPU just isn't fast enough to run games at higher resolutions than 1920*1080.

Probably because most 760 only have 2GB?

No.

760 is almost exactly a 670, slower even. It gets no benefit from extra RAM, outside of placebo satisfaction.

I suggest the 7950, its a great card and takes advantage of the 3gb of ram. :biggrin:

I have two myself :biggrin:

Edited by Thor.

I suggest the 7950, its a great card and takes advantage of the 3gb of ram. :biggrin:

I have two myself :biggrin:

That just doesn't make sense, the 760 is faster and cheaper than the 7950 boost.

The vram with radeon cards is like candy to them, you can pretty much do whatever you want like 4k textures in skyrim or 8k iif available and it still hit some amazing fps without v.sync enabled.

I have two gigabyte 7950 and they are chugging along just nicely :thumbsup:

the memory bandwidth is what shines with the radeon cards.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1314&gid2=882&compare=radeon-hd-7950-gigabyte-windforce-edition-vs-geforce-gtx-760

it doesn't take into the account that its manufactured oc'ed at 900mhz vs the 760, i also oc'ed it to the exact clock rate of the 760 and beyond :thumbsup:

It also doesn't mention the 2 display ports for Eyefinity

but the gtx 690 outperforms it quite a bit :teehee:

but when in crossfire it out performs it, memory bandwidth and bus speeds.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1562&gid2=593&compare=radeon-hd-7950-crossfire-vs-geforce-gtx-690 basic models again.

Edited by Thor.

The vram with radeon cards is like candy to them, you can pretty much do whatever you want like 4k textures in skyrim or 8k iif available and it still hit some amazing fps without v.sync enabled.

I have two gigabyte 7950 and they are chugging along just nicely :thumbsup:

the memory bandwidth is what shines with the radeon cards.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1314&gid2=882&compare=radeon-hd-7950-gigabyte-windforce-edition-vs-geforce-gtx-760

it doesn't take into the account that its manufactured oc'ed at 900mhz vs the 760, i also o'ed it to the exact clock rate of the 760 and beyond :thumbsup:

It also doesn't mention the 2 display ports for Eyefinity

but the gtx 690 outperforms it quite a bit :teehee:

but when in crossfire it out performs it, memory bandwidth and bus speeds.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1562&gid2=593&compare=radeon-hd-7950-crossfire-vs-geforce-gtx-690 basic models again.

I agree that bandwidth is the strong point handling VRAM in AMD's cards. However, neither single card will be effective in triple Eyefinity, and 4GB of VRAM is wasted in Skyrim. As a 32-bit executable, Skyrim maxes at exactly 4GB of total RAM, split between VRAM and system RAM. The best case scenario for performance is Skyrim using 2GB of system RAM and 2GB of VRAM. A 760 or a 7950 will trade blows in Skyrim. Meanwhile, a 7950 is superior in all other older games. A 760 takes the lead again in DX11 and PhysX heavy games. For example, almost every PC with an AMD card chokes in Borderlands 2 since the hardware acceleration is simply absent, and the PhysX calculation is funneled through the CPU.

The OP would be fine with either card, as there will be trade-offs either way. The 760 is the better card, assuming you don't plan to overclock. If you DO overclock, the 7950 will have more horsepower, but will lose out in games with heavy physics or tesselation.

Nvidia ambient occlusion kind of sucks in Skyrim. It's poorly optimized and only improves the visual quality slightly. I don't use it.

Edited by Rennn