Mod Request (Black Version of Common Robe 5a)

adscrypt

I've been trying to do an additem console command to get the black hooded robe from the Belial mod, but it just keeps crashing my game when I try to equip it, even though it appears in my inventory. I've seen various robe or hooded robe mods as well, but nothing that seemed to just make simple changes to the robes that already exist in the game.

I was wondering if someone could make a small or easy mod that only changes the color of certain robes or certain parts of their pattern black.

To make it more specific, my favorite robe is Common Robe 5a, the blue one with the straps across the chest. Would it be possible for someone skilled with mods to change the robe from blue to black? Not the entire thing, just the parts that are blue, etc.

Edited by adscrypt

up font info, it's unlikely i'm gonna do this, but read on... xD

... if you're able to use photoshop/gimp to change the textures yourself but don't know how to do the rest with nifskope and the construction set or vice versa, i'll try to help out with the option that may be the problem... this way you can do other changes yourself in the future...

other maybe, if i don't forget the next time i'm modding, i have a look at this robe, if i like the idea of having it in black myself, i'll add it to my mod and could share the resource files, but the esp for it you have to do yourself, for this i'm sure you'll get help here too xP

so with either option you have to do/learn something yourself.

or get lucky someone is up for a request mod and dismiss everything above xP

edit: btw is this the one ? https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/100/images/thumbnails/42773-3-1381007487.png

Edited by FIMzzZzz

Thanks for the response and the how-to, I figured a request this specific might get me an answer along the lines of 'here's how you can do it yourself' lol. So at least now I have some instructions and an idea of where to start, which is great.

I will look into these options and see whether completing them is feasible for a n00b like me.

The robe I'm talking about is this one: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/1/1f/Common_Robe_MW_05a.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/481?cb=20170404182719