Problem uninstalling SkyRe

koisplash215

I don't get the chance to play a new character since it crashes when they skyrim logo shows up

This strongly indicates you have a mod that has either an implicit or explicit dependancy on Skyrim Redone... most likely one of your patchers.

Check all your mods, one of them has a dependancy... whether or not it shows as a "Master" in your mod manager. You must have something that is installed with an option for Skyrim Redone, doesnt mean SkyRe - Main.esp will be added as master, but it's still dependant on it.

ah well I gave up and just reinstalled everything, finally got everything working

I was going to make the suggestion to install TES5Edit, and check all mods and run it. It will tell you if a mod is missing a master and point out exactly which ESP is causing the crash! ^_^

But, with uninstalling SkyRe, it is probably best to just nuke the load order anyways. XD

• 1 year later...

hi im using mo and had a game with sky re. as the combat mods i was using started to get bloated with new crappy features i ended up hating my games combat play. uninstalling the combat mods left me with sky re and alone it was just vanilla skyrim with boosted stats. i been trying to uninstall sky re with all its scripts but no luck. everytime i start a new game with mo i can tell sky re is still in the system because in my inventory are these invisible fist weapons from sky re.

how do you restart a new when using mo from sky re? because all the data is partitioned off in mo right?

edit this has been resolved below in my next post

Edited by happyjamjam

i found my problems answer. though i reintsalled skyrim and mo i kept getting small pieces of skyre still in my games. the small scripts add up and slow down your game. anyway, if you too are seeing small bits of skyre in your game like the unarmed weapons in your inventory or strange healing mechanics or heavy running then check your documents/mygames/skyrim folder. i found stuff in there left from previous plays. just keep the skyrim ini and skyrimprefs ini and get rid of the skyrim folder when you want to reinstall skyrim.

in mo get rid of your old profiles but first check your overwrite folder. you can see a button for it at the bottom of the left window where your mods are listed. double click that and it opens up the overwrite folder. here there can be files left from previous plays too.

i did this and hopefully no more ghosts in my new plays of skyrim. hope this helps anyone out there too playing modded skyrim too. dont give up on mod organizer. still the best way to protect your skyrim from catching stds from old mods while swimming in that pool of modded filth we all love.

Edited by happyjamjam

• 8 months later...

Found a solution... I think.

I was having the same problem uninstalling SkyRe, kept CTD even after uninstalling everything that had dependencies. Then I remember Dual Sheath Redux ^^

To get rid of SkyRe, to make way for PerMa or other such overhauls I had to remove them all with NMO, then run the Dual Sheath Redux Proc again.

Running DSR proccer with SkyRe installed adds a hidden dependency in the FNIS movement files for some reason...

I realise you've fixed your problem by reinstalling, but maybe posting this will help anyone else searching for a solution without having to reinstall the game :P

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...