Modding Help: Converting Classic mod to Definitive

oneslyfox

Hey, been trying to convert the "Expert Mode" mod for Vanity from classic edition and most sites recommend just editing the meta.lsx file, but that was not enough for me this time.
Using the Compare tool in Notepad++ I compared the text between the Classic Vanity mod and the Expert mode addon of the classic Vanity mod; they were virtually identical. After I copied all of the addon text to the classic meta.lsx, I compared the Definitive edition version of the game and filled in the blanks between the two. I was able to copy much of the text that was different at the bottom of the story.div and goals.div files for both the Expert Mode mod to the DE port of the mod, and I was able to get the icon for "Morphovanish" to appear on the toolbar, but I haven't been able to get that ability to work or make the abilities "innate abilities". When I click the Morphovanish ability, the character does the animation but it doesn't do anything. I suspect that I may need to edit the .lsb files, but Notepad++ can't read it.
Any ideas on where to go from here?