Open Community  ·  286 members

Stardew Valley

SMAPI/Multiplayer issue

kiltmonger

I'm brand new to modding and I've run into a head scratcher. Two days ago, I was running with only the UI Info Suite. I was hosting a multiplayer. I was the only one who had SMAPI and the mod. We were able to play just fine. Today I added the Automate mod and now the other players can't find the farm. When I load in, I do not get the share option, and something else odd happens - on first load in to the farm, I get the notification that I'm hosting a multiplayer game, but I don't get the "Connected to game session xxxxx" notification.

One other thing of note is when SMAPI loads, I now get this message in yellow:

[sMAPI] Couldn't check for a new version of SMAPI. This won't affect your game, but you won't be notified of new versions if this keeps happening.

[sMAPI] Couldn't check for new mod versions. This won't affect your game, but you won't be notified of mod updates if this keeps happening.

This is a new message as of today.

I've tested the system in the following ways:

1. I removed the Automate mod - that was the change that seemed to cause the problem initially. Removing it had no effect.

2. I removed the UI mod - no effect.

3. I removed both mods - no effect.

4. I uninstalled and reinstalled SMAPI - no effect.

5. I removed the command route from Steam (basically took SMAPI out of the equation altogether) - the game and multi-player loaded correctly.

6. Thinking it might have been because the other player didn't have SMAPI or mods loaded, I had her install and load up. When I went in without SMAPI, she was able to load in with the mods working just fine (sort of - Automate didn't work, but the UI Info Suite did).

It would seem like something in SMAPI is preventing me from hosting multiplayer games, and it might or might not be related to that error message that seems to be new.

Help?