Priest/Nun Companion.

theDemonJackal

Well looks to me like we have two good examples of a wasteland Preacher character to base this character off Now dont we?

The Priest Character is coming on leaps and bounds I think, NOW we need to work on the Nun character.

Unless we can think of any other traits we can give these characters?

Edited by theDemonJackal

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trait: Judgement From On High. Allows the wasteland preacher to use rope he finds in the wasteland to string up stunned raiders & fiends as he does the last rites to save their souls.

Edited by Morgwynn

Hmmm interesting. Hows about Final Judgement as a trait.

Causes extra damage to Raiders, Labotomites, Deathclaws, Nightstalkers, Cazadors(i really f*#@ing hate them) and Bloatflys(doing this one for the legendary bloatfly)

Also(dont know if this is possible as a trait)

Leap of faith

The Priest does not flee from battles with stronger enemies regardless of the circumstances

Do something simple Companion only trait for quest line could be something like Divine Protection - +10 DT +50hp when attacked by evil aligned or Holy Smite - +5% crit chance +10% damage boost on evil aligned enemies. For player companion perk when in group Baptismal Waters +2 hp regen a second it can even increase the higher the players karma is if ya want.

Geoff

Baptismal Waters sounds like it would be a great perk.

Devine protection I think would work better for the Nun companion than the Priest companion in my opinion. We still need ideas for the Nun though but for the moment I think we have a companion with great potential here.

Opinions?

Original idea for the backstory was as follows(Put simply)

He was a member of Ceasars legion when it had started but abandoned that after they had killed a family (except for a young girl who they were planning to take back and turn her into a pleasure girl for the troops)

Well I think you'll loose a lot of what appeals about this character, specifically his history. As an example, Daniel, Graham etc were Mormons, it's a essential part of who/what they are. It is fitting that they are in Zion. You could make them come from anywhere, but it reinforces their character when they come from a location that was the epicenter of their religion.

Honestly if you want to do a fire and brimstone preacher, he should come from the bible belt and should be from a culture of surviving baptists, because that adds to his history and back story. The legion backstory makes no mention of his religious background, even contradicts it (joining the Legion, a group that expressly states that Caesar is the reincarnation of the war god Mars).

That doesn't mean his quest to protect the girl can't work, but that you should do that in a framework that supports a fire and brimstone preacher. See what fallout lore is active in the bible belt and use them as the villians that killed the girls parents. Make another reason for the preacher to have to flee that fits with his location, history and background. Then you can have her in goodsprings as you intended.

Here is one idea for the nun.

The Nun now would be a nun only by name. (Random name to put on her for the time being) Sister Maria, is a drinking, smoking, swearing Tomboy who only loves two things. Money and booze. She does however take it serouisly when you discuss religion with her. She has lost her faith but shes not exactly easy on those who think she has wasted her life. She is found in the Atomic wrangler drinking her cares away.

I see where your trying to go with that, but you need to keep in mind what a nun means to a wastelander.....and that's nothing. If wastelanders see her gambling, drinking etc, they aren't shocked and act aghast of her activities, because she's just another wastelander doing what they do, in a funny outfit. To get that shock value you need to have a cultural significance for her religious status. And honestly I'm not sure how you would go about that in a world that has forsaken the old religions. The preacher idea works because he is so out of place in teh new wasted world. He stands out, in unique religious glory.

Preacher could be a crucified victim survivor, he was a devout baptist, he could have saved the girl and her family from the legion but his beliefs prevented action. While wasting away on the crucifix he has a holy vision passes out only to awaken free of his bindings and believing god has made him his smiting hand to bring judgement upon those beyond redemption..

As for the Nun maybe she could be an outcast from the New Canaanite?

Edited by DaemonGrin

Preacher could be a crucified victim survivor, he was a devout baptist, he could have saved the girl and her family from the legion but his beliefs prevented action. While wasting away on the crucifix he has a holy vision passes out only to awaken free of his bindings and believing god has made him his smiting hand to bring judgement upon those beyond redemption..

that sounds like a much better way of doing it

re: the nun I'll have to look up the new caninites wehn I get back, don't know much about them I'm afraid.

that sounds like a much better way of doing it

re: the nun I'll have to look up the new caninites wehn I get back, don't know much about them I'm afraid.

The New Canaanites are the Zion Mormons Joshua and Daniel are part of.

His companion questline could be about his vision one path leads him to continue believing in his vision and the other would lead him to question his mental state while suffering from being crucified. Which gives one or the other companion perk he can gain.

EDIT: That wouldn't be the quest itself lol just the different outcomes his quest line could have.

Edited by DaemonGrin