Priest/Nun Companion.

theDemonJackal

I actually Like the idea of him being a crucified survivor. It adds a layer to his character and makes him far more interesting. For the record the little girl I stated is Sunny Smiles. There isnt much information about sunny in Fallout Lore and I thought she could use a Little bit of a backstory. Id say it would be great if you meet him after you meet the legion at nipton. Like you meet him giving the dead the last rights and then telling you that he knows all too well the pain that these men went through before their deaths. Then he agree's to accompany you around the wasteland.

The nun being a former New Canenite would be interesting. Devin you are correct. She should be a shy nun that deplores violence and only wants to help the wasteland. Of course she does have some expeirence with a weapon. The preacher would of course be the better of the two but its still fun to think of some form of Nun character to follow you around.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas for the nun or further ideas for the priest companion?

Im only asking due to the fact I have been away for a week and devin thank you I hope we can get a voice actor

Edited by theDemonJackal

Hi, thought I'd throw some ideas at you - maybe some will stick:

1. The Priest - the idea of a crucified Legionnaire becoming a holy man is actually pretty awesome. I think he should have two custom weapons - a sword (claymore if possible) called Brimstone; and a gun (probably a magnum or desert eagle) called FIre. He should probably be rabidly anti-Legion - becoming unavailable as a companion if the player is aligned with them. If the player's karma is really low, the priest should try and get the player back on the "right" track.

I do have an alternate, or additional section to the back story idea (I apologize for the cliches) - the Priest was an old man in Searchlight when the Legion released the toxic canisters and killed or mutated everyone in the city. For some inexplicable reason, the Priest doesn't die, but instead becomes younger, stronger, faster, and smarter - which he takes as a sign from God. Radiation doesn't appear to hurt him and he can shrug off most damage that would kill lesser men. After the attack, he witnesses Legionnaires running away from the firehouse, and filled with a righteous wrath, kills them. He decides to go on a crusade against the Legion, going on raids into their territory before eventually returning to the Searchlight Church. He can be found reading a bible. The ghoulified NCR troops ignore him for some reason; while the Legion call him the Avenging Angel and try to stay out of his way - his legend growing every time he appears to die, only to stand back up completely healed. Whether or not his superhuman abilities are due to him being some sort of mutant or divinely gifted should be left ambiguous.

It's a shame Joshua Graham couldn't be like this - would have made Honest Hearts so much better.

2. The Nun - this is not a criticism per se, but the ideas I've heard for this character maker her sound awfully close to Rose of Sharon Cassidy. Other than the "Two Mules For Sister Sara" idea mentioned before, I got nothing worth mentioning. The con woman could have a criminal gang hunting her because she stole something valuable from them (a diamond, secret plans, the boss's pet kitty, etc.). Would be cool to have her trick the Courier into doing some jobs for her with the end of her quest line leaving the Courier in a mexican standoff - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly-style. Depending on the player's choices, she can either leave the player to their fate and vanish once and for all, or return to help.

The Priest being called the Avenging angel is a good idea. And as stated by some ideas he is trying to save your soul.His whole point is that he is a Holy man and thus preachs forgivness and tolerance. Yet he is contradictory in the sense that he hates the legion and wishs to kill them when he sees them (much like boone). The ideas for his weapons are also very good. We were all in agreement that he would have a western like appearence and therefore be carrying around some form of six shooter, but the idea of a blade as his melee is also intriguing. But what I think is needed for the character is that he is older than that of the courier. Like so many classic badass preachers in media he has seen a lot of the sin that the wasteland (the mojave in particular) has to offer. I for one like the idea of a mustached grey haired holy man that dont take s#*! from anyone or anything.

As for the nun I like the idea of her making you do side quests to acheive her as a companion. I actaully had an idea concerning a shoot out in bonnie springs. I alway found that place too empty after you take out the raiders there. I think the idea for her to lead you into a shoot out after recruting her would be a great idea. She could then explain what she did/took from them after. Id still say the best product that can be achieved from thread is that of the preist companion. Agreed?

Just to clarify - I pictured him to be in his late 70's before the attack and early 50's after. Unfortunately, I think the time frame doesn't match up as he would have to have been in his mid-40's when the Legion first started in 2247.

Well, I don't know if you played Fallout 3's DLC - Point Lookout, but it introduced some supernatural elements into the game world that is connected to the Dunwich building. Part of of the quest "The Dark Heart Of Blackhall" involved a missionary named Marcella - perhaps something could be used from there?