Priest/Nun Companion.

theDemonJackal

Excellent. What we have here is the opportuinity to come up with a great character that would be interesting to see in the Mojave. In my opinion Im rather surprised none had thought of this idea sooner as it is an intriguing addition to the Mojave Wasteland.

Here is another idea. He does not like NCR or House. As we have established he hates the Legion but whose to say he has to like the NCR or House? Like Cass' dislike of them, he could see House as a Man who is in fear of death. He had not conquered death he is living in fear of it.

A character who doesnt care which side you are on but does voice his opinion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. What we have here is the opportuinity to come up with a great character that would be interesting to see in the Mojave. In my opinion Im rather surprised none had thought of this idea sooner as it is an intriguing addition to the Mojave Wasteland.

Oh they have, that idea has been out forever. Do a search for preacher in this forum you'll see what I mean. VaultPI's in particular is based on pale rider. Its doing the companion diaglog quest, voicework etc that hasn't been done, because it's a decent amount of work.

Oh they have, that idea has been out forever. Do a search for preacher in this forum you'll see what I mean. VaultPI's in particular is based on pale rider. Its doing the companion diaglog quest, voicework etc that hasn't been done, because it's a decent amount of work.

I did not know that to be honest. But in all fairness I started this thread with the intention of just having a cool gunslinging priest companion follow me about. I am very happy that it has evolved into a genuinly interesting companion with his own quest and past that make him both mysterous and exciting. Now hopefully someone will take this character concept, read what everyone has said about him and make him. But if he isnt made, it would be a shame but thats the way things work around here if I am not mistaken.

All in All everyones contribution to this thread has made a character that I can realistically see walking around New Vegas

I did not know that to be honest. But in all fairness I started this thread with the intention of just having a cool gunslinging priest companion follow me about.

No worries brother, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just pointing it out because A. it means there are additional materials that we can use from previous suggestions on the subject and B. it's a popular request that a lot of people would like to have. Keep the subject rolling and find a voice actor and there is a good chance I can cobble it together when I have time. Those are the two biggest obstacles, the dialog quests are tedious and getting a voice to fit the character.

If anyone is interesting in seeing this happen put a voice sample up, I'll do the same after I set up my mic and software.

Anyone have Kris Kristoffersons or Sam Elliots phone number? XD one can dream! But seriously I watched several vids of mods and there were a couple people that sound perfect just wish I could remember what mod and character ><

Edited by DaemonGrin

While we still would need a voice actor for him(Anyone interested say so) I had an idea for a perk of his.

Lazuras' blessing

After having survived Ceasars legion's Crucifixtion Fr.(*****) has learned a few things about the human body and spirit.You now are able to take more damage from those that who are no in the lords favor as well as smite them.

+15 damage against The legion, raiders, and robots.

I found this under modders resources for a nun but it is from Oblivion so I don't know if it would even work for Fallout: New Vegas. http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22388//? and this weapon has a holy feel about it. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100504193518/fallout/images/0/0a/Maria.jpg anyway i'll keep an eye out for modders resources for a priest or nun.

Thinking of the Priest character reminded of the Saint of Killers from the Preacher comic. Here's his wiki description:

The Saint of Killers is the Patron Saint of Murderers and Assassination. He was originally a soldier serving in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War; both respected and feared for being absolutely merciless on the battlefield, his bloodlust verging on that of a berserker frenzy. After the war, he makes his living in the American West by collecting Native scalps and bounty hunting, until rescuing a young woman. She manages to break through to his gentler side, and the two fall in love and have a daughter. When his wife and child fall ill, he attempts to fetch medicine for them, but is delayed by a gang of outlaws, which results in his family's death. He subsequently slaughters much of the gang, kills an innocent hostage, but runs out of bullets before killing the leader, which leads to his death after being impaled in the chest with a shovel.

Death takes him, and, because of the innocent life he took, he is consigned to perdition. His own hatred causes Hell to literally freeze over (much to the Devil's wrath), which causes the Angel of Death to offer him to return to Earth under the condition that he takes up his role of collecting the souls of those who die by violence. Melting the Angel of Death's sword in Hell's last burning fire, the Devil forges two Walker Colt revolvers that will kill anything, never miss their target, never leave his possession, and never run out of bullets. The now resigned Angel of Death dubs the man "The Saint of Killers". However, the Devil makes the mistake of insulting Saint as he returns to Earth, prompting the angry Saint to gun the Devil down as his first victim, leaving the fate of Hell unknown. Following the Devil's demise, the Saint kills the rest of the bandits and purges the town of Ratwater simply because of his nature, and rests at a tomb on Boot Hill while his spirit gathers souls that die by violence. He is awakened once Genesis merges with Custer, and begins to pursue him. He eventually learns that he has no one commanding him, God having left Heaven, though he continues to hunt Custer because he was scorned. He spares Custer after he learns that God arranged for his family to die in order to set him on the path towards becoming the Saint, and now seeks to kill God. The two finally join forces, and after Custer lets himself be killed to release Genesis, God returns to Heaven, where the Saint has slaughtered all of the angels. Despite God's attempts to intimidate the Saint with His wrath and then offering to restore his family to life, the Saint guns Him down, ending His tyranny. With no one left to kill anymore, the Saint sits upon God's Throne and returns to sleep as the world is bathed in peace.

The Saint of Killers is impervious to harm - being hit with a nuclear missile caused no damage to him or his clothes, apart from the comment "Not enough gun". He can easily knock away tanks with a simple kick and he can be hit by a speeding truck without flinching. He can draw his guns supernaturally quickly, and always hits his mark, even piercing tank armor to reach the intended target. The weapons always inflict fatal injuries regardless of the circumstance or nature of the victim (including angels and demons) - even God and the Devil are not immune to the bullets, as the Saint has killed them both (the only being ever to have survived being shot by the Saint was Cassidy, but Garth Ennis later admitted that he was still working out the character of the Saint at that point and was a technical mistake). Anyone holding one of the guns can see the spirits of the many people that the Saint has personally killed.

Here's what he looks like:

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/s/a/Saint_of_Killers.jpg

and here are some more images (warning, the last one is pretty violent):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146053/2953354-saint+of+killers.jpg

http://www.popgunchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Saintofkillersbadassery.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/9241/670198-preacher___50___the_land_of_bad_things___34.jpg

I found this under modders resources for a nun but it is from Oblivion so I don't know if it would even work for Fallout: New Vegas. http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/22388//? and this weapon has a holy feel about it. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100504193518/fallout/images/0/0a/Maria.jpg anyway i'll keep an eye out for modders resources for a priest or nun.

There's already a Priest and Nun outfit in new vegas just letting ya know http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42393/? kinda bizarre the picture of the nun outfit you'll see why XD